cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious error occurred while reading history folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We want to use the Bex Portfolio to display our reports. But our directory is empty. Do we need to make some specific configuration to automatically display our reports under My Portfolio in the Enterprise Portal?

We are getting this message “Serious error occurred while reading history folder (Notification Number RSOBJS 170)” under Bex Analyzer in Business Explorer while trying to make/open a NEW ANALYSIS.

Can you also provide me some documentation on BI Integration with EP Configuration Steps. We are new on this topic.

Thanks,

#Bill J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it is an authorization issue. You don't have the authorization to update the history with the analysis you are creating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

check the configuration document between EP and BI

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d082fe32-5037-2b10-3288-fd009f69...

kOTI Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we made a Releaseupgrade from 3.5 to 7.0 and had the same Error number for the Report Designer on BW 7.0 and nearly the same

Error for the old BEX Analyzer.

In OSS, for the old BEX Analyzer, there is an old Note (526764 only in German?), where you have just to activate the BEX-Reporting-Personalization.

We did it long before the upgrade, but I did it again, and the error is gone. And yes, the history was long gone before (due to the upgrade?).

Call Transaction: RS_PERS_ACTIVATE and then mark only "Activate BEx History" and then run it with F8.

Excuse me for my English, but it should work.

Peter H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also make sure the client is open.

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes we are having this same problem. We tried to activate the BEx History in the IMG but it subsequently failed.

The err i was getting in the Query Designer was:

RSOBJS Serious error while reading history folder.

The err I was getting during the activate on the IMG was:

activation of BEx History failed

Any help is appreciated