Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMGW deactivated

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have a problem with transaction SMGW in our production system. When I try to run the transaction, I get an error message like this:

"Gateway monitor is deactivated." Looking into the details of the message, and the details show: "Message no. GW102".

I have searched the service.sap.com/notes, and there are no hits. Not in the sdn forum either..

Have anyone come aross this issue before, and how was it solved?

All parameters concerning gw/* have default values, except gw/netstat=0. This was a requirement when installing the production system on an MSCS cluster. Could this have anything to do with this?

Thanks for you help.

Best regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

the parameter gw/netstat is only for getting the own hostname.

So this has nothing to do with your problem, I think.

Defaults:                      
HP:        /usr/bin/netstat -in    
AIX:       /bin/netstat -in        
SUN:       /usr/bin/netstat -in    
Windows:   empty string              
others:    empty string              

But this doesn't solve your problem!?

Regards, Michael

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You're correct, this doesn't solve my problem:)

Do you by chance have any other ideas that can help me out?

Regards,

Thomas

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I found another parameter which may help you

gw/monitor

The documentation says that it enables monitor commands.

Found the following note:

<a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/64016">Note 64016 - Using the SAP Gateway monitor GWMON</a>

Perhaps this one?

Regards, Michael

Message was edited by:

Michael Teubner

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any one has already solved this issue ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question has not been answered. Even the SAP note mentioned points out on how to use GMON, but not how to activate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can run gwmon from the commandline.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was this ever resolved?  I am having the same problem in just one system, where SMGW returns the error GW102 "Gateway monitor is deactivated".  It works in all our other ABAP systems (all on 7.01).  GWMON from the commandline is not an acceptable replacement.  I doublechecked the gw/monitor parameter, which we've never set, and it is at the default of 1 (active), so something else is the problem.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I think I figured it out.  I had recently (a few days ago) changed the IP address on this server.  Although the application kept running during this, and RFC connections tested fine afterwards, some gateway connections continued to cache the old IP address.  This was impacting STMS and, apparently, also SMGW.  An application restart fixed the problem for both.  Hey, it's a sandbox!

Answers (0)