cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error getting SID for ODS object Z_ODS2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting following error message while doing an ODS load...

--Error getting SID for ODS object Z_ODS2

--Value '012.net.il ' (hex. '003000310032002E006E00650074002E0069006C ') of characteristic Z_DOMAIN co

--Error when assigning SID (details in long text)

--Activation of data records from ODS object Z_ODS2 terminated

I don't think its a special character issue since value 012.net.il has no such character....also the field length for Z_DOMAIN is set to 50 so that's not a issue either....I tried to reload ODS and it came up with same error...

any help??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

even a space is considered a special char. Try passing ALL_CAPITALS in the tcode RSKC and try reloading the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey voodi thanks for your reply....i checked that value and there is no space in it,not even in the end..... also i did ALL_CAPITALS and tried to reload....but still same message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Please check this blog,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/07/23/invalid-characters-in-sap-bw-3x-myths-and-reality-part-2

hope this helps,

Thanks,

Sudhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

try laoding the master data for the object first and then load your ODS.

regrads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

That certainly is a very good blog...thanks for posting........But in my case this value 012.net.il doesn't seem to have any of these special characters....so i am clueless why this error.???

Private_Member_9643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like Uper Case issue to me. Just try to load Upper Case Characters only to that field, and see if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks i tried it but no it doesnt work....besides all other stuff was in lower case...as i said i dont think its a character issue here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushant,

I am going to suggest a work around and not a solution to this. If you do not have direct reporting on this ODS, just turn of the Bex Reporting in the settings of the ODS. then the SIDS will not be generated and you wont get this error.

Just my 2 cents!

Thanks

Ashwin

Private_Member_9643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a character issue only. Try to load only one record, and load some temp value for that field. It will work fine. Then replace it with the value which is creating problem it will again fail.

Right now its showing u only one value creating problem, but when you skip that record it will show u other record with the same problem. At a time it shows only one record whichever it reads first while data scanning. But problem may be with many records of that field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

thats true it will certainly resolve this errror....but i would be using this ODS for reporting.....thanks anyways.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Try to see the data in the new data table for the ODS and you may be able to find the errorneous record.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KJ,

I guess you are right...I deleted that record from the file...deleted ODS and tried doing it again...now its giving same error but on some other record...any clues

thanks in advance

Private_Member_9643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can correct all records in PSA or convert all to upper case in routine. It will work fine.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

Problem solved....apparently it was just an uppercase issue...i used macro for uppercase conversion...after which the ODS load worked fine.

Here's the macro code just in case if anyone needs..

Sub Uppercase()

' Loop to cycle through each cell in the specified range.

For Each x In Range("A1:A5")

' Change the text in the range to uppercase letters.

x.Value = UCase(x.value)

Next

End Sub

Cheers,,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sushant,

Uncheck the check box in ods setting of bex reporting as well as check the check box of unique data records and uncheck the check box of updata ods data automatically.

first one will not generate the sid's for that ods object.

second one will not allow the duplicate records.

third one will improve the load performance, after completion of load do the activation manually, for that right click on u r ods go to manage in the bottom u can see this option for activation of ods data.

assign point if useful.

Regards,

HARI GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

Problem solved....apparently it was just an uppercase issue...i used macro for uppercase conversion...after which the ODS load worked fine.

Here's the macro code just in case if anyone needs..

Sub Uppercase()

' Loop to cycle through each cell in the specified range.

For Each x In Range("A1:A5")

' Change the text in the range to uppercase letters.

x.Value = UCase(x.value)

Next

End Sub

Cheers,,,