Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while calling the EAI Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am working on Document Management System ECC 6.00

I am able to upload a PDF document in to the system, but when i save it and try to call the document back it is giving me the folllowing error."Error while calling the EAI Viewer" But when i try to open the same in the next PC it is opening. the work station application which i have defined is EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL% for the application .pdf.

Kindly suggest what will be the problem as it is not opening in my PC but opening in an different PC with the same user name.

Kindly suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishuz ,

ECL Viewer comes with SAP

It is Engineering client viewer, which works for files like *.jt(jupiter technology), *.pdf(acrobat), *.dwg(autocad), *.step, *.iges

with ECL viewer you can view files like dwg without having Autocad Installed on your machine.

Alos it gives redlining feature...

thus layers help in indicating the modifications needed or commenting on the drawings...

Now the procedure for installation,

1. Install the latest SUN JAVA version. The path could be <b>c:\program files\java\</b>

2. While installing SAP GUI, ensure that the ECL component is not selected from R/3 Add On.

4. Install ECL Viewer 5.1.2 on local machine.

5. Ensure the path is as follows :(C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\System or C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\System\Java )

6. Ensure that the following files are in the <b>c:\program files\java\1.5.0_08\lib\ext</b>

folder:

- VisWebS.jar,

- VisWeb.jar,

- eaisupport.jar,

- eaisupportS.jar

- version.ini

- vctk.ini

In case, please copy the mentioned files from <ECL Install DIR>\java.

(C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\System or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\System\Java )

Reward points if useful...

regards

Niranjan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check which Acrobat reader ur machine is having it might also be a problem of the version i.e, ur machine might be having a lower version so it may give a error.

Update the version & change the worksation application program to % auto %, the PDF will open.

Regards

Nishant...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the frist place why have u defined the work station application as EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL% for the application .pdf. it can be defined as % auto %, the system will pick he application from ur machine & open the PDF.

Is there a specific requirement to open it in EAI viewer, if not then try the above option & check whether the PDF opens.

Regards

Nishant...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the ECL viewer installed on the PC that its not working on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, first of all can you please brief me about ECL viewer. Anyway that is not installed on the PC. please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Viewer is used to view/markup files of various types in sap like bmp, dwg, jt etc.

In SAP-PLM it is used as cad colllaboration tool.

The current version of viewer 5.1.3, you can download from service.sap.com and install on your PC. You also need JRE - you can use current version1.6, give the path of jre in path and then install viewer 5.1.3.

BR,

Anirudh,

reward if useful.