cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to print DMS document on SAP printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to print DMS document from application program with out displaying the document.At the same time print should reach the printer of the warehouse.

Please anybody in the forum help me on the problem.

I appreciate with reward points for anyone if problem gets fixed.

Thanks and Regards

Syed Samdani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

SAP DMS are for storing documents such as CAD drawings, Materials pictures etc.

With the document management system, users will be able to view the documents with ease within their SAP systems.

Installing the SAP DMS requires a little bit of planning on how you want to do it.

You have to give a little thoughts to stuff such as :-

1. The total numbers of documents that will be store monthly.

2. The average file size of each documents.

3. The capacity of your present R/3 system.

4. Your present network bandwidth.

5. Document Archiving Strategy.

6. Backup and Recovery Plan.

Additional purchasing of hardware are required, especially if you have large amount of documents to stored.

With this in mind, you can then decide on how you want to do it.

You can do this in a few ways :-

1. Import the documents into the R/3 system.

2. Use an external document server.

3. Have a dedicated PCs where all the documents are stored.

Most companies that intend to used DMS will opt for Option 2 as they does not want to overstretch the R/3 database.

Options 1 requires you to setup the conversion interface.

The conversion interface allows R/3 to automatically covert your files and import it into the R/3 database.

Here is a simple example of storing documents into your PCs, just to have a feel how the SAP DMS works:-

For those using Citrix, you have to set this at the Citrix Server where the SAPGUI is located.

Configure SM30 - V_TDWE_C1

Put this command in your autoexec.bat

SET HOSTNAME=PC1234

Restart your pc.

You can create/manage your documents in transaction code CV01N / CV02N

Assigning Documents to a Material Master Record

Access a material master record in Create or Change mode, and select Basic Data.

To create links to documents, choose Additional data -> Document data.

The Link to Documents dialog box appears.

Assign one or more documents to the material.

If you do not know what the document number is, you can search for it using the search help or by choosing Find document.

When assigning a document to a material, you have the following options:

1. Viewing the document by choosing it in the Link to Documents dialog box.

2. Viewing any originals of the document by positioning the cursor on the document and

choosing Display originals in the Link to Documents dialog box.

To return to the Basic Data screen, choose Continue.

Save your data.

It is under cross application components in SPRO

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/db/003353fca05c47bfc8f391cf296fc8/frameset.htm

For blue print use Check this link also

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/REVIEWPROGRAM

thanks

mrutyun^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mrutyunjaya,

Thanks for the input but my problem is that i want to print DMS document (.doc,.tiff,.pdf ..etc) on SAP printer using ABAP program.

Currently If i print DMS document it is going to the local printer set on my operating system. I want this print to sent it to SAP printer.

Thanks and Regards

Syed Samdani

Former Member
0 Kudos

function modules

document_postscript_load

or

document_postscript_print

i am using the above FM but i could not able to achieve the objective.My objective is to print the DMS document from SAP printer.

Kindly reply ASAP, I have one urgent requirement.

Thanks and Regards

Syed Samdani

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Syed,

I am facing the same problem. Did you find a solution for batch printing of DMS files ? Honestly I think it it impossible, you might need an extra software (conversion server) for that.

Please let me know how you managed to do it.

Thanks,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi syed,

I made a program to download document store in DMS for a specific application .

If you want i can mail you the code to checkout the document and then print them .

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my requirement is sending DMS document to SAP printer through abap program not opening the DMS document. If your code is doing above ojective please send me your code.

Regards

Syed Samdani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

I understand your requirement. currently i known only one solution which is to download in a temporary repository the dms document and then print them.

Know i'm looking in a SAP system 4.7 and found 2 function module which can be able to help you but in my system i can't use them because some customizing are missing.

Please have a look at FM SWUO_PRINT_DOCUMENT_API which seem to be able to print "OFFICE" document .

Also you can have a look at function module CV150_PRINT_DOC.

If you're in above SAP Version, look at class of DMS i think that SAP have made something for this requirement.

I'm still looking to find a solution .

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps i got a solution .

Loo at this , the code seems to be interesting and can solvd the problem.

Let me know.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone got a solution for printing pdf from spool when the pdf is gernerated other than from SAP.  One can easily get pdf to spool using ADS_GET_PATH, ADS_SR_CONFIRM and ADS_SR_CLOSE.

We have SEAL but are now trying to get away from that 3rd party software and handle most of our prod order printing via another process using ipad interfacing.

Seems to me weak to have DMS and yet you can not print pdf in background utilizing spool files.

Anyone got sucess with printing DMS pdf FILES from spool?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

I do have similar requirement. Did you get sample code?

Thanks

lp1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope I understand the question correctly, that the requirement is to print files of PDF, Word or other applications from SAP. If this is the case there are a few options available:

1. It is told, that SAP can print PDF (even non Adobe interactive Forms PDF) directly if an up-to-date pdfprint is installed. There are OSS notes for this, but I was not able to get this running in our system (maybe due to an too old SAP release).
  2. Using external converter as already proposed. There is the SAP BC-XDC interface which connects an external converter to SAP. This converter converts application data (PDF, Word) into Spool data (PCL, PostScript). This interface is integrated in SAP Standard (PM, Folders Management) and can be used in customer programs. Customers of us are using this technique.
  3. Using propriatery print solutions: there are other solutions available which you can pass your DMS documents and this solution send this to an print server and print this without using SAP spool. As for 2. an external server, the software and the integration is required.

Regards,

Lars (SEAL Systems)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

has anyone found a solution how to print pdf from spool and not from a client application?

Any input/advise on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Did anyone get any solution for printing from DMS server i have the same requirement kindly help

ASAP.

regards,

Prathamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Do you manage to get the files printed from SAP printer? i have similar requirement where we need to print the dwf file (drawing) from DMS in background.

is there any solution for this? Do we need any installation or software to support this type of files in order to print?

Let me know if you have any idea for this.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>function modules</b>

document_postscript_load

or

document_postscript_print

i am using the above FM but i could not able to achieve the objective.My objective is to print the DMS document from SAP printer.

Kindly reply ASAP, I have one urgent requirement.

Thanks and Regards

Syed Samdani