cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS: viewing of original files w/o a local copying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a problem with viewing of original files w/o local copying. I have set the OLE2 flag following SAP Note 741388. But the local copying is still.

I suppose I made some mistakes in tcode DC20.

<b>1. "Define data carrier type "server, front end":</b> type-"PC", desc-"PC mit Windows", Path-"", CAD-"", Online-"X"

<b>1.1 "Define servers and files or folders":</b> DataCar-"10.0.1.14", Type-"PC", Descr-"test data carier".

(10.0.1.14 - address of server that contained all of the original files - storage system). I'm not sure about the field.

<b>1.2 "Identify frontend computers":</b> no records

tcode DC30

<b>1. "Define workstation application"</b>

<b>1.2. "Define workstation application in network":</b> WS appl-"DWG", DataCarrType-"PC", ApplicatType-"1", Path with prog.name-"EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%", Path ref.file-"".

<b>1.3 "Define templates for original files":</b> no records

<b>1.4. "Setup office integration":</b> no records

I will be grateful for any help. Thanks.

All the best,

Alekseev Aleksandr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandr,

i have no idea if this is possible

however you can modify the entries as below,

in DC20

1. "Define data carrier type "server, front end": type-"PC", desc-"PC mit Windows", Path-"", CAD-"", Online-"X"

give path as C:/temp

so that all files will be stored in C:/temp

which are accessed from SAP.

Under <b>"Identify frontend computers":</b> just add;

<b>Default PC DEFAULT Default for local PC</b>

in DC30

<b>1.2. "Define workstation application in network":</b>

add

<b>PC ACD 2 Autocad %auto%</b>

2 here stands for change and autocad.

Reward if useful...

Regards

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niranjan,

Thank you. About the first point:

If you need define yourown path for original storing for displaying it, then you define the path here. Other word it is viewing with local copying of file. I need prevent it. The snote 741388 explain how it can be done.

In a present time I get following error:

Message no. 26136

File http://10.3.1.14:1090/CîntentServer/CîntentServer. could not be

accessed

And the second problem: under

"Identify frontend computers":

for type "PC" I can't add anything. All fields are empty. What can I do?

All the best,

Aleksandr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alek,

1. is the doc checked in?

2. how are you tryin to open the doc?

3. which tcode?

cv02n or cv03n ?

<b>the note is only for CV03N</b>

assuming you have implemented the note.

assuming you are on right track

note following

you shd add

in DC30

1.2. "Define workstation application in network":

select file type eg: autoCAD

add

PC ACD<b> 1</b> Autocad %auto%

<b>1</b> here stands for<b> display</b> means <b>(CV03N)</b> and autocad(depends on your file type).

in DC20

select the pc and double click on <b>Identify frontend computers</b>

now

add

<b>Default DEFAULT Default for local PC</b>

also check if u have authorization to change, as if only display is with ur id; u may not b able to add.

please check and revert back

Award if useful

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very Helpful!! Thanks a lot!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandr,

regarding note 741388 I woulk kindly inform you that this is not stopping the

creation of a local copy. The effect of the OLE2 flag is that this local temporary copy is removed again after you close the display.

The error message no. 26136 "File http://10.3.1.14:1090/CîntentServer/CîntentServer. could not be accessed" maybe occur if you have set the "Data" check off" flag in transaction DC30. If you remove this flag the error should no longer appear.

In transaction DC20 under "Identify frontend computers" there should be a button

"Default Entry". With this button you should be able to generate a default entry for the frontend type. This default entry is necessary to achieve that all users can

display the attached originals by using this frontend type. If a user has maintained

the "hostname" variable on your PC then an automatic entry is generated with this hostname in transaction DC20. So I would recommend you to maintain this DEFAULT entry because otherwise all users have to maintain the "hostname" on their PCs.

Hope this information is usefull.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks a lot for your explain. I have checked the flag. Really, it was set. However, After I remove the flag the message no. 26136 is being appear. In DC20 I have set default entry under "Identify frontend computers". I haven't any idea. If I remove the flag OLE2 all the files displaying successfully.

Regards,

Aleksandr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I also have the same ISSUe.

using Tcode CV02N, User has uploaded the file but I am not able to view the PDF file on my system

Please tell me what settings are required in DC20.

Thanks in advance.

with regards

Trinanjan

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Aleksandr,

based on my experience with the OLE2 flag such problems might happend and I would recommend you not to set this flag in such cases. To avoid the local copy of the file you can also use a BADI implementation as mentioned in the following link: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Avoidinglocalcopyoforiginal

But please note that some applications require a local copy and there could be errors if this copy is not available.

Best regards,

Christoph

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

This is best solution to avaoid local copy as given by Christoph.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I am facing a similar issue wherein, the attachments get saved in the local folder when I open it from CV03N, but when I exit CV03N, it does not get deleted from there.

I have configured Dc20 and Dc30 as you have mentioned and also changed the OLE2 value in TDWX table as mentioned in note 741388. Now, when I try to open the attachment, I get error message "Windows cannot find <filename>".

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. Need your help badly ...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure u have turned OLE2 for the application u r looking for..

eg:

DWG

or

SEP

or

INV

and like wise.

also check u have mentioned it for 1 i.e Display

if u wish u can send screens on niranjandandekar@hotmail.com

i ll check them

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandr,

Try this:

In DC30 i.e. in Define Workstation Application: <b>Details</b>

there are some checks like "Dialog when Overwriting" , " Data Check Off",

"Delete file After Check-In"

You can use these options for not controlling the source(application file) views from SAP

Regards

Rehman