Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Type linkage and Instance linkage

SagarSontakke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Can somebody explain me Difference between Type linkage and Instance linkage??

Thanks

Sagar Sontakke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Please search the forum before asking questions. Although copying a previous answer is an easy way to earn points for people the end result is a forum that is less useful because searching gives you 250 hits instead of 4.</i>

<b>Yesterday I gave the following reply to the question "what are event type linkages":</b>

The event type linkage defines that e.g. the event ReleaseStepCreated for BOR object type BUS2009 is to be linked to workflow template WS00000038 as a triggering event.

An event instance linkage is the particular instance of a linkage, so e.g. when you have an event type linkage saying that the event Deleted of BOR object type FIPP is linked to a step in a workflow (or as a terminating event of the workflow), then for an active workflow there will be an instance linkage for the particular FIPP object of that workflow.

So the type linkage is the "definition" so to speak of the link between an event an it's subscribers/listeners. There can be event type links without event instance links, but there can not be an event instance link without an event type link. (Well, at least that's what I believe...)

Message was edited by Kjetil Kilhavn:

Hmmm... perhaps this question would be a candidate for the Frequently Asked Questions?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tony_bramhill2
Participant
0 Kudos

The <i>type</i> linkage refers to the connection (linkage) between an object type/event, and the receiver of the event (function module or event handler). This linkage exists as a definition. It can also be active or inactive. This linkage must exist and be active before a receiver can be triggered by an event.

The <i>instance</i> linkage refers to the actual link between an object instance, and the receiver which reacts to the event, at runtime. The instance linkage will have the details of the object (type, key etc) which triggered the event.

see

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-6329_11-5034733.html

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c5/e4b04e453d11d189430000e829fbbd/content.htm

jasper_blok
Participant
0 Kudos

Sagar.

Check the search button.

Regards,

Jasper