cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POC for a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on progress for project. I have test the measurement methods.

But I want to calculate a POC for the project in global, I don't want to have just the POC for an object. Is it possible to have the POC for the intern activities, the element of WBS and the main WBS (for the project in general) ?

On Help SAP I've seen : "The system uses a suitable weighting to aggregate the POC for the activities in the WBS element. " Which element do I have to enter to obtain this result ? In the progress of a WBS, I mention which measurement methods...

I think it's important to see clearly and quickly what is the POC of the project and not only each objects.

Thanks for your help. Warm regards

Benny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

The weighting is automatically done according to your settings in customizing:

Settings for progress analysis: detail screen.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

One of the weighting methods is "Weight". For this method you have to fill the weight field in the progress tab of the different PS objects .

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In a project, for example:

WBS 1

WBS 1-1

activity 1-1-1

activity 1-1-2

WBS 1-2

activity 1-2-1

activity 1-2-2

WBS 1-3

I have the Percentage of Completion (POC) for the activities (in my example the four activities), but I don't have any POC for the WBS (WBS 1-1, WBS 1-2, WBS1-3 and WBS 1) which are upper than the activities, in order to obtain the POC of my project (WBS1 for the example). do you have any information about this?

Thanks

Regards

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

In customizing you can set a default POC measurement method for every project object. If you don't want the default POC measurement, you can enter the desired measurement in the progress tab of amongst others the WBS-element.

Anyways if you don't have a default POC measurement or a dedicated POC measurement for the PS-object, SAP will use by default the 1-100 measurement method for POC calculation.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, it goes on.

thanks a lot Paul.

Kind regards,

Benny

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

HI benny,

Just haave some questions regarding the POC weigthing.

If I am using Plan cost: annual as the EV basis then I can calculate EVA at the activity level. I have maintained progress version and measurement methods at the activity level. also used cost plan annual as the weighing basis. but then I am not getting my POC aggregated at the wbs level and also not getting BSCS/BCWP. Does I have to maintain progress version and meas methods at the WBS level also? I have set default measurement methods for each objects in customisation but then it is not picking from there and shows standard method SAP 0-100 but still POCs are not get aggregated at the WBS level.

It will be very helpful to me if u can give some explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Questions:

Are you sure you have plan costs at network activities? Do they show up at costs reports? Have you set plan version 0 (zero) at customizing?

Suggestions:

- go into each network activity's progress tab and explicitly inform the progress version you'll be using (then read note 549097)

- just for testing purpose, change your progress version to aggregate by weight; go into each network activity's progress tab and inform a weight; CNE1/CNE5 and look at results.

Hints:

- CNE5 shows results as of today. If your project starts in the future, you won't see anything. Jump to period breakdown to see the whole picture.

- check report from note 503246 might help.

Answers (0)