cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archiving WBS elements distributed by ALE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm a beginner with WBS treatment. I need some help for archiving an WBS element. This element is part of a hierarchy so there are some other WBS elements in a lower level. Futhermore, ALE is used for distributing each WBS element.

Does anyone know how can I archive that WBS element?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member712491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

The ALE business process ensures that a WBS created and saved in a master system is automatically created in one or more receiver systems too. You can use controlling areas and the project profile as filters to control whether the WBS is distributed when you save it and in which receiver system it is created.

<b>SAP has the following recommendation for archiving</b>

WBSs are only archived in the master system. They are deleted in the receiver systems as soon as you set the deletion indicator in the master system and save this change to the receiver system.

The "deletion flag" status must have been transferred to all the receiver systems before you activate the internal deletion indicator in the master system.

T_Code<b> DB15</b> is used for archiving, Archiving Object for WBS element is <b>CFIORWBS</b>

Kindly let me know if it is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Your answer has been useful but I think we've missed some data. The T_code seems to be very useful (i did not know it until now) but there is some problem with the archiving object.

When I enter it (archiving object) the system promps the following message: ' Archiving object CFIORWBS is not known'. Do you have any suggestion about this?

Thanks

former_member712491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

It works perfectly fine in our system. What is the version in your system? We are working on SAP ECC 6.0 here.

Anyways the

Archiving Object is <b>CFIORWBS</b>

Tables in the Object is <b>CFIORWBS0C</b>

Try giving the table name also. As far as I know it dosen't work in 4.5B.

Kindly let me know if it is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

I cannot find the archiving object CFIORWBS nor tables in object CFIORWBS0C.

We're working on SAP R/3 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried t code SARA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I've forgotten that point but t_code SARA was my first try. Anyway, when I launch SARA, I need an archiving object. May you help me with this? Do you know it?

Thank you very much.

former_member712491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I had checked with version 4.7 & the archiving object that I mentioned earlier didn't work. However I have found the archiving object for WBS in 4.7. It is <b>PS_PROJECT</b>.

You can also cross verify by logging on to T_Code <b>AOBJ</b>. Enter the object name <b>PS_PROJECT</b> and double click on the tab "Archiving Classes Used". You would get <b>"PS_ELEMENT"</b> corresponding to <b>"PS: WBS element ".</b>

After having confirmed proceed with the T_Code DB15 or SARA according to your choice.

<b>Kindly let me know if it helps.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!!!

This answer has been quite useful!! Now I can ensure that it is possible archive an WBS element, but there still is the problem related to ALE. I've been trying SARA with object PS_PROJECT but no element was selected while preprocessing the WBS element and I'm not sure if it is an ALE's matter. Do you know if I can archive even with ALE???

former_member712491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

You can definitely archive WBS with ALE. You can find <b>SAP's recommendation for such scenarios of WBS with ALE</b>, in the following link:

<u><i>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/35/6f2971268b2239e10000009b38f984/frameset.htm</i></u>

The reason for not selecting any element could be something else. Please find the document attached in the link mentioned below. This clearly explains about the end to end process of archiving WBS elements. Try archiving after following the steps as listed in the document:

<u><i>http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/CAARCPS/CAARCPS.pdf</i></u>

<b>Kindly let me know if this is useful.</b>

Answers (0)