cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Transfer orders for Deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to automate Transafer orders in the warehouse mangement module for deliveries.

There is one movemnt type 601 - which i am thinking is a ware house management movement type in transaction OMLR-

both reference movment type and inventory management movement type are 601

Movement indicator L - Goods movment for delivery note.

I check the TR and the TO immediate options but it is not working. Am i missing some other setting?

Any help relating to this will greatly be appreciated

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arif,

I am still in the IMG setting up the WMTA Output type. Under that there are 3 seeting that i need to do

Mail title texts - I just put an entry for English (not sure if this required

Processing routines, - here i used

Output type WMTA Transfer Orders

Application V2 Shipping

Transm. medium 8 Special functio

Program RLAUTA20

FORM routine ENTRY

Form

Last is Partner functions - Here i mentioned as below and i am not sure if this is correct

8 Special function SH Ship-to party

I did not understand the part where it says set up for inbound delivery and outbound delivery. I understand the terms, but dont understand where u would 2 individual set ups like that

Thanks for your patience with me

SK

In tcode V/34 what am i doing here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

Do the following.

- Go to V/34 --> new entry (if WMTA is not available)

- Output type WMTA Automatic TA

- General data:

Access seq: 0010 or as per your requirement

Access to condition - Checked

Partner independent - checked

- Default value:

Dispatch time - Send with periodically scheduled job

Transmission medium - Special Function

- Processing and routing

Program RLAUTA20

FORM routine ENTRY

Save the message type and define this message type for your output determination process under "V10000" process with requirement "32"

finally, maintain condition record for WMTA using VV21 for your delivery type and shipping point.

Hope this helps

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arif,

sorry for asking this on this thread, i would not know hoe else, Have you worked with India CIN package?

Thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

My email ID is updated on profile so you can use that for asking personal questions. (Dear all: Please don't email your SAP queries to my email ID ) )

I have worked Longgggg back (almost four year).

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Arif,

I did not mean to break any rules, i just did not know that we could upload documents, else i would have done that with issues i open myself...I do not se it anywhere on this page, wher would i go read about uploading documents

I was just trying to be helpful

thanks for your other suggestion on the out put type , i will try..

thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

Regret for using hard wording, but it is necessary that we know and follow the basic rules to benifit other SDNer and make this forum as much as intractive and informative.

Here you go..

<b>- Provide materials as attachment to a post.</b>

As helpful material is, do not forget that other users might also be interested in your documents. Do not send them as email to the asking poster, but attach them to your answering post or in the appropriate wiki section. Its also possible to provide a publicly available link. Use the How to Contribute -> Content Submission System link on the SDN, the SDN platform team will upload the document for you and provide you with a link. This way you not only serve others but also yourself, by avoiding dozens of posts also asking for your material.

More information on this page:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement&

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Navid,

Please send me your emailId and i will send you a step by step document for TO's

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

<b>Please send me your emailId and i will send you a step by step document for TO's</b>

Please go through the "Rule of Engagement", this is not good practice to exchange document through personal emails. Please follow the suggestion in "Rules of Engaement" on "How to upload document" in this thread.

Please share your experience not only with query raiser but with entire group of SDN.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

jinal
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aarif,

This is SK. My TO's are getting created, but they are getting created as soon as the sales order is converted into a Delivery. But i would like it the TO to be created after it has Packed.

What do i have to do for this

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

<b>But i would like it the TO to be created after it has Packed.</b>

You need to modify the code for "Requirement" in output. so when the delivery status changes as packed at that time your output WMTA should trigger.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEar Arif,

I am sorry i meant I do not see the output type WMTA on the delivery.

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arif,

I do see the output type WMTA in the delivery to begin with on the delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done all of this under the outbound delivery section of the IMG. I now see there are 2 sections. I dont hink i have to do it out the inbound section right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEar Arif,

I have followed your instructions and have checked if everything was correct. then i completed the output determination process.

Completed the VV21 step and assigned to the shipping location.

I still do see the output type WMTA in the delvery output list

Under the WMTA set up i was asking about the partner function folder, do i need to have something there?

Now since i have changed the option of Dispatch time - Send with periodically scheduled job . do i have run the RSNAST00 program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

Remeber that when you configure the message type WMTA, you checked mark "Partner Independet" so you need not to do anything on partner.

Yes you need to setup batch job if selected "Process with batch job", but before that I suggest you to work with "immediate process" , create Outbound delivery and check whther it is creating TO automatically. if yes, then change it to "process with batch job" and schedule the batch job.

One more thing, if storage bin determination process will fail then it will not create TO automatically.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, in my case i do see the mesage WMTA created ...but no transfer order has been created??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Navid,

This is general situation when your output is triggered successfully but becuase of failure in bin search stretagy or insufficient stock system will not create transfer order.

In this case, analyze the TO creation process manually and see where it fails i.e. not able to find the bin or stock is not available.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arif.

I got the part about tcode V/34. i have excatly done that.

it is in the option Partner function that i am not sure what function i need to use.

I still do not see the WMTA option in vl01n.

Is there a seperate setting for outbound and inbound - i did not get that part

Thanks

Arif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arif,

Thanks for the clear explanation.

I am setting up the partner function for WMTA. I have done as per one of your links and no i am in the partner function where i have chosen medium 8. What do i use in the function

Thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

When you maitain message type / output type WMTA using V/34 at that time you need to mention in tab "Defaul values"

Hope this helps

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arif,

Thanks for the info, So you are saying that i will not be able to use the immediate option and i have to go for the automatic - where i set up the batch job and the WMTA set up

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

Automatic TO creation for inbound/outbound delivery will not work in the same menner as other IM mvt types because here the TO is created before actual IM mvt so TO creation based on mvt type will not work, but this can be achieved using WMTA message type using in delivery output process.

Secondly, you can set the this auto TO creation immediately (when you save the delivery) or using batch job so it's upto the business how they wanted to set this auto TO creation. Personally I will prefer with batch job for high volume delivery creation.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just addition to my previous response, the creation time depends on "despatch time" settings

If you want to create TO immediately then set despatch time as 4

and If you want to create TO with batch job then then set despatch time as 1 and set the batch job.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that i need to have the WMTA setting for wither automatic or immediate.

Can you please help me with the tcode of where i can create the WMTA message type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guys for confusing.

There are 2 ways of automating the TO

option one is immediate and the other is automatic which has a batch job.

I am working on the create TO's immediate. It is the setting directly on the movement type in the IM interface section.

Can you please help with this. I have done as per instruction and somethng is still missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

Firstly, Transfer Order is created before PGI so configuration of 601 mvt type will not work here and that is the reason you need to configure WMTA message type to create automatic TO.

Here is the complete information.

http://www.jt77.com/material/management-22781.html

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saritha,

Thanks for your reply, I do not see the condition type WMTA in tcode VV21. Do i have to create this first then. What is the tcode?

Also on the movement types detailed screen in WM, what seeting do i need to have. Do i have to have the TO and TR checkboxes checked or not checked

Please help

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

First you need to create the WMTA message type and then you need to create condition record for WMTA in VV21.

The complete information is available in the following link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_di46c2/helpdata/EN/c6/f8406c4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

Hope tis helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would have to specify the condition WMTA in the output for the deliveries to create the TO's automatically. This can be done using the T-code VV21 and based on your requirement either by delivery type or delivery type/shipping point.