cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of Collaboration Room Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is regarding Transport of Room Templates.

We are going to upgrade our Portal and hence are planning to transport

the custom room templates developed.As per the how To guide , we have to

export the template workset , but after this export and then import to target, the imported template does not even appear in the room templates list.

On the other hand if we import only the workset and create a template based

on this along with all room extensions, this appears to be fine. So is this

the appropriate method?

Also the howto mentions transport of CM configuration related to templates too, but we dont seem to have that option here.We are on EP6.0 SP10,KMC SP10 Patch1.

Would appreciate any help on this

Rgrds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again Vineeth,

One other thing...since you say that you're getting ready to upgrade, I'll share something else with you. After we upgraded to 2004s, every time we'd create a collaboration room, it would not show up in the list of available collaboration rooms. This is a known problem and note 1065032 addresses it.

Hope this helps!

-StephenS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks a lot for your elaborate reply. But I tried exporting and importing

only the initial workset and recreated the template itself and it seems to be ok.

I had tried as you had said earlier with the assigned workset but the imported template does not show upat all . Also i dont get an option to do CM config export too(SP level prblm?)Could you suggest something for that.

Thanks once again.

Rgrds

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yeah, exporting/importing the workset alone won't do it. You have to get the template properties too. The way that I get the config properties download to work is going to:

System Admin -> System Config -> Collaboration -> (Show Advanced Options) -> Room and Room Part Templates

I click on the 'Actions' dropdown list and select Export -> Start. Once the export has started, a lot more of the items show up in the 'Related Areas'. Are you able to get the same thing?

If these options don't show up for you, then perhaps it is related to your release level. I'm not sure that there is a solution for you to promote collaboration room templates. Sorry!

-StephenS

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Actions --> export / impor feature is not available until SP 13.

to transport a collaboration template under this Supprt Pasckage, a) you have to transport the workset (com.sap.ip.collaboration/TemplateWorksets) and b)

you have to transport the Configurables inside ConfigFramework, which contian data of the Room Template. In SP2 you find these configurables in the filesystem under <PID> \global\config\cm\local\data\collaboration\template

regards, Alex

let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for confirming that.But i am not sure what you mean by this

>>you find these configurables in the filesystem under <PID> \global\config\cm\local\data\collaboration\template

How to export this when i dont have the export option on my SP10.

Also as i had mentioned , when i export only the workset in

com.sap.ip.collaboration/TemplateWorksets then that workset does not

appear in the options during room creation itself, is it because of the second

step is missing.

Thanks once again

Rgrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

To copy & paste these configurable archives from one system to another.

but I´m not sure in support package 10 where are they located (as I told you, in SP2 they are in globalconfigcmlocaldatacollaboration emplate).

Do you want to transport a collaboration room? or just the the Room Templates?

regards, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

Transporting rooms as a whole is not possible it seems.

So the option seems to be to transfer templates, recreate all the rooms

and then transfer all the data. Let me see if this works out and get back.

Thanks again.

Rgrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth

I seems that we are facing the same problem.

And is correct, there is no way to transport the whole room.

Just the part -- recreate all the rooms -- is not clear for me.

How?? The rooms in the source system have an ID, documents, members,

etc, How do you recreate a collaboration room with all the stuff involved?

Take a look of note 831401.

regards, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

What I mean is that we have to create a new room and then add all members

once again and transfer content(documents) using ICE or Webdav from old room.

Ice is also not working out very well because it is limited by the room id,

so maybe we hav to go by webdav.

Let me try this , any opinion on this would be appreciated

Rgrds

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

I recently finished moving a collaboration room template from our dev portal to our qa portal using their transport mechanism. It took me a couple of times to get it right, but it's finally working in qa. We are using NW 2004s, so I guess were a version up from you.

Exporting/importing the template workset does not copy the template itself. After you've copied your workset to your destination portal, you must then export/import the collaboration room settings.

Here are some links that I used to work with:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e3/d9f74122c9c417e10000000a155106/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e1/029c414c79b25fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Take a look through these and see if you can work your way through them. Some info that I'll share with you is that when you download your exported template settings, the file must have an extension of .configarchive. This is required when you go to import the settings in your destination portal. When the settings are saved, the portal puts a different extension on the file and you have to change it to .configarchive.

Also, when exporting your template settings, you must export each and every one of the settings, including roles, permissions, mappings, extensions, etc. It's a really inefficient way of doing it, but it appears that it's all we have for now.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

-StephenS