Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore source system failure

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

The R/3 source system somehow became inactive in our BW 3.5 system. I tried to restore it but got a message saying that the destination T90CLNT090 is defined in port A00000072. However, destination T90CLNT090 is stored in BW. It suggests to correct the port definition or choose restore in the source system tree of the administration workbench. I don't know how to do either. Thanks for your help.

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark

Make sure your R/3 system is active and correct port is assigned to it....contact basis team if issue is still there...

Thanks

Tripple k

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may wish to try this if its an dev system

Execute function module- <b>RSAP_BIW_DISCONNECT</b> which deletes the entry in RSBASIDOC.

After function module RSAP_BIW_DISCONNECT is run, run function module RSAP_BIW_CONNECT. This will replace the entry in RSBASIDOC. After this, delete the entry in Partner Profile for the Logical System you are using. Then execute RSA1.

Once RSA1 is executed, the system should prompt you to activate the source system. Choose only activation and the entries should be regenerated again.

PS- Try opening the system (SCC4 and SE06) before restoring source system connectivity.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am also getting the same problem during activation of CRM source system. it says "result of the destination check: Timeout".

What Input we have to give while running Function Module RSAP_BIW_CONNECT?

Regards

Prasad.

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

The following is copied from a posting made by Natovian Ward:

RSAP_BIW_CONNECT

, parameter:

I_LANGU <Language of the connection in Transaction SM59>

I_SLOGSYS <OLTP Source System (SLOGSYS from RSBASIDOC in BW)>

I_LOGSYS <BW System (RLOGSYS from RSBASIDOC in BW)>

I_STEXT <Name of the OLTP system>

I_BASIC_IDOC <BIDOCTYP from RSBASIDOC in BW>

I_SAPRL <SAPREL from RSBASIDOC in BW>

I_RESTORE

I_TSPREFIX <TSPREFIX from RSBASIDOC in BW>

I_PREFIXE <35 times second byte of TSPREFIX from RSBASIDOC in BW

(forexample, TSPREFIX = 'BA', then

I_PREFIXE= 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA')>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to restore the connection from BW.

RSA1 - source system - chose your source system - right click, restore.

Normally, if there is connection error, this option will restore.

However, you need to check if the ports at the desination open for connection. This check you can request your basis to do.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

On your R/3 system, use transaction /WE20 ->Partner Type LS ->verify your logical name T90CLNT090 to see it's active or using the correct port. If not correct it and then restore source system again from BW system.

Hope that helps.

Mimosa

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes the R/3 system is active. I am now getting a different error. It says result of the destination check: Timeout. Thanks.