Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequential Number of Account Assignment-ZEKKN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can anybody tell me what Sequential Number of Account Assignment(ZEKKN) in EKKN and EKBE stands for ? What should be its normal values ?

Thanks in advance,

Joby

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it is the Number uniquely defining the account assignment of a purchase order item.

You can give '01' value to it.

Regards

Anji

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply , Can it take 00 or blank value ?

0 Kudos

ZEEKN is a system genertaed number for uniquely identifying the records in the table.

It can be anythiing between 00 to 99. But not blank. because its of type NUM02(Numerical field (length 2)).

0 Kudos

Can it take different values in EKKN and EKBE ? Foe eg.Line item 20 has 01 value in EKKN and 00 value in EKBE ?

Thanks,

Joby

0 Kudos

yes - it can.

EKKN holds the Account Assignments details whereas EKBE holds the Purchase Order history. So the Sequential numbers can be different.

Example - If the purchase Order history shows % line items - using GR / IR etc you will have 5 lines in EKBE with ZEKKN up to 5. At the same time the value of EKKN can have no entries at all.

0 Kudos

Then , could you please tell me what is the role of EKKN table ?One of my programs gets the values ZEKKN from EKKN and select the data from EKBE based on this ZEKKN , is this a right selection ?

0 Kudos

Well,

For a particular PO item, you can access the history by taking the PO number and its Item number. In the same way you get the Account assignment related details for the PO & items.

If your prog is using PO Number , item to relate between EKKN and EKBE - its OK. But considering the Internal counter field to match them is not very clear to me. Theoritically speaking, you should not be doing this.

if you view the contents of EKKN , you will find the most probable value of EKKN-ZEKKN is 01, whereas EKBE may contain several line items. So your prog will pick up the first line of the PO history all the times if any data exist for the account assignment otherwise it will not pickup anything.

Does that match your program's functionality / requirement ?? if the answer is NO then the selection is NOT RIGHT.

sergey_korolev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Each position of purchasing document can be supplied with more than one acount assignment, say you buy one printer for two departments, and so the costs should be distributed between two cost centers. Thus you assign two cost centers to one PO item and so you need one more field for a table key to store such assignments, and ZEKKN is that field - just a sequantial number of all assignments for one item.