cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table for Inventory Status for Serialized materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone please provide the table name for finding out inventory status (i.e. unrestricted, Quality Inspection, Blocked) for serial numbers. I am trying to find out, in which inventory status does a particular serial# belonging to a particular material# is in?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

esther_hernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Azz:

Regarding the serial number status, you have to check the combination of three different tables:

EQUI - Equipment master data. In this table make note of the field 'Object number' (OBJNR), which is the primary key for:

JEST - Individual Object Status. This table contains the technical expression of the status in field 'Object status' (STAT), which is the primary key for:

TJ02 - System status. In this table you can find the texts for the system status in the fields TXT04 and TXT30.

Then, here you have some other tables which you might also need:

EQBS - Serial Number Stock Segment.

SER01 - Document Header for Serial Numbers for Delivery.

SER02 - Document Header for Serial Nos for Maint.Contract (SD Order).

SER03 - Document Header for Serial Numbers for Goods Movements.

SER04 - Document Header for Serial Numbers for Inspection Lot.

SER05 - Document Header for Serial Numbers for PP Order.

SER06 - Document Header for Serial Numbers for Handling Unit-Content.

SER07 - Document Header for Serial Numbers in Physical Inventory.

SER08 - Document Header for Purchase Order Item Serial Numbers.

I hope this helps!

Esther.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Esther,

The procedure you gave me was for finding system status. I am looking for inventory status, whether the item having this serial # is in blocked status, or unrestricted status, or quality inspection status.

What I mean to say is that, for e.g. I have a material 1234 (which is a laptop). Every piece of this material, i.e. every laptop will have a serial number, e.g. one of them has a serial number 4000. Now, say there are 1000 pieces of this material in the inventory (all in the unrestricted status). When I do a MMBE, it will display material 1234 quantity 1000 in unrestricted. But it will not show me the serial numbers of these 1000 pieces. I want to know where serial# 4000 is in unrestricted or blocked or in quality inspection.

The solution that you gave was for finding out some different kind of status. I do not need that.

esther_hernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Azz,

Sorry that I misunderstood your question. You have this info in the table and field EQBS-LBBSA.

Possible values are:

01: Unrestricted-use stock

02: Quality inspection stock

03: Returns blocked stock

04: Stock transfer stock at storage location level

05: Stock transfer stock at plant level

06: Stock in transit

07: Blocked stock

08: Restricted stock

09: Tied empties stock

I hope this helps.

Esther.

esther_hernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

... and you can see the data in IQ03 for the combination of material & serial number, under the "SerData" tab, the field is "Stock type".

Esther.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Esther,

Thank you for the information. That really helped. I am trying to generate a report which would display the material #, all serial #s related to that material and the stock type for each of these serial#s. I currently following this approach, I will fetch all the material number from MARC for a particular plant, then for each MATNR, will check for EQUNR and SERNR in table EQUI. Then for each EQUNR will then check stock type in table EQBS. I believe each EQUNR is associated with one and only one SERNR (AM I CORRECT?). I will then display the MATNR, SERNR and LBBSA on the report. DO you think the approach is correct? Just wanted your opinion.

Also I have another issue. Whenever I try to find the stock type for a particular EQUNR in table EQBS, it gives a message saying that no data exists for this EQUNR in this table. I wanted to know what could be the possible reasons for this. I am currently investigating on the following reasons, 1. I think the material is flagged for deletion so that all the EQUNRs and SERNRs associated with that material will be deleted. However, I don’t know how to see all the material associated with a particular EQUNR? Another reason I think is that that EQUNR, or that SERNR does not have any quantity in SAP so no stock type. I could be wrong, but still searching. Can you think of something which could cause this problem (i.e. the message saying that no data exists for this EQUNR in table EQBS?)

Thank you for your help.

esther_hernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Azz,

Sorry for my late reply...

May be you do not need to generate such a report: In the transaction IQ03 enter only the material and leave the serial number field empty. Press <Enter>. You will get the warning: "No unique combination of material number and serial number" (Message no. IH112). Press <Enter> again to accept this warning.

You will get here a list of the serial numbers assigned to this material, with its system status and also with its stock type:

The layout of this report can be changed and further columns can be added or removed from the list display.

I hope this saves you work!

Esther.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Esther,

Thank for the suggestion. I will try it. I nevertheless might have to generate the custom report for some other reasons. Hence I wanted your suggestion on the logic of the report.

I am currently following this approach, I will fetch all the material number from MARC for a particular plant, then for each MATNR, will check for EQUNR and SERNR in table EQUI. Then for each EQUNR will then check stock type in table EQBS. I believe each EQUNR is associated with one and only one SERNR (AM I CORRECT?). I will then display the MATNR, SERNR and LBBSA on the report. DO you think the approach is correct? Just wanted your opinion.

However, in the meantime could you please answer these questions:

1.Also I have another issue. Whenever I try to find the stock type for a particular EQUNR in table EQBS, it gives a message saying that no data exists for this EQUNR in this table. I wanted to know what could be the possible reasons for this. I am currently investigating on the following reasons, 1. I think the material is flagged for deletion so that all the EQUNRs and SERNRs associated with that material will be deleted. However, I don’t know how to see all the material associated with a particular EQUNR? Another reason I think is that that EQUNR, or that SERNR does not have any quantity in SAP so no stock type. I could be wrong, but still searching. Can you think of something which could cause this problem (i.e. the message saying that no data exists for this EQUNR in table EQBS?)

2. Can u tell where can i look up inventory quantity for a serial#. i mean in MMbe we get quantity based on material#, but is there a place where we can see quantity based on serial#?

Thank you for the replies and sorry for the trouble.

Answers (0)