cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

After Patch upgrade I am getting the below mentioned error daily twice or thrice in Development System.

R49 Communication error, CPIC return code 002, SAP return code 679

R64 > CPI-C function: CMINIT(SAP)

As per note 353597 it says The R/3 system tries to contact a registered server program that is currently not registered on the gateway.

And as a solution a server program has to be registered on Gateway.

Can some one provide me with the exact steps to do this. I was unable to do this using SM59.

Thanks

Parvez Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parvez,

You can register it thru SM59. So create a RFC destination for this with details of Pogram ID etc.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

this depends on what you try to register. Usually the 3rd party interface which connects to SAP will have some kind of script to do this. You have to provide the sap user name ,password ,server name etc while registering. If its from AS Java you can use Visual admin to create the connection

Thanks

Prince Jose

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parvez,

Check this thread, it might help:

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parvez,

Please check SMGW logs for this. It will tell you which program and RFC destination is causing this error.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

After the patch upgrade job SAP_SLD_DATA_COLLECT was created and is scheduled after some regular interval.

Whenever this job is started I get the mentioned error.

If I check the logs for this Job it gives program as program RSLDAGDS, variant , user ID xxxxxxx)

xxxxxxxx is my userid.

As mentioned by you how do I check SMGW logs.

Thanks

Parvez Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parvez,

By the way ..after this job SAP_SLD_DATA_COLLECT runs, does the WP(on which the job ran) remains in a stopped state?

If yes, let me know..I have seen this before...

Cheers!

Bidwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bidwan,

The WP is not in stopped state.

I also have information that the program should be registered in the following way. ExecutableName -aRFCABC -gHOST -xservice

ExecutableName is the name of the program you are trying to run. RFCABC

is the name given in SM59 (ProgramId). HOST is the gateway host

(abcsrv01) and GWSERV is the gateway service (sapgw03).

I would like to know that where do I setup this do I need to execute this in cmd prompt at OS level or it can be done through SM59 / SMGW. Please provide me with the steps for the same.

Thanks

Parvez Khan.