cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SID found for value 'BOX ' of characteristic 0UNIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fellow masters,

I get a <b>BRAIN 70</b> error - "<b>No SID found for value 'BOX ' of characteristic 0UNIT</b> "

<b>Diagnosis</b>

Characteristic value BOX does not exist in the master data table of characteristic 0UNIT. Therefore, this value could not be transformed int othe internal SID.

So, I made reference to SAP Note 619987.

<i>If you do not find the value in the T006 or TCURC table, you must insert it. Note that the initial value is always allowed.

If you nevertheless receive this error message for the initial value, this means that there is an inconsistency in the SID table for the 0UNIT or 0CURRENCY characteristic. You can eliminate this inconsistency by calling the RSDMD_INITIAL_LINE_INSERT function module with I_CHABASNM = 0UNIT or 0CURRENCY.

If units are loaded in the external format, you must either convert these into the internal format in the transfer or update rules or change the extractor/file.The CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_INPUT function module converts the external value of a unit into the internal value.</i>

Could someone please explain to me how which option should I proceed with ?

I did an <b>SE16</b> with table T006 but don`t seem to find 0UNIT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Aneesh said, first Check the table T006 for the record for 'BOX' unit. If it is not there you have to do Replcation of Units from source system.

It does not affect the data existing in datatargets. It simply update the table T006.

Then after also check the table T006 for this record.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, I had the same problem and could solve it thanks to you!

Regards, Marian

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Replicate the UoMs from the source system. Right click on the source system and select transfer global settings.

0UNIT is not the same as normal infoobject. Values are picked up from the uom customizing.

Cheers

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

Would it effect any of my current tables in SAP BW ? Would it impose any problem to my transaction data/master data in my existing Info Cubes ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, John. It wouldn't. It will just transfer into BW missing values. After that you can repeat your load.

Best regards,

Eugene