Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintenance view problem "No data maintenance Authorization; Display only"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintenance view problem

<b>Question 1>>>></b>

> I have created a table with Display/maintenance allowed and technical setting Data class - APPL0 (master data, transparent tables).

>> Then I have created a maintenance view thought utilities->table maintenance generator where i have specified the Authorization group as &NC& (w/o auth. group)

->and also created a function group and specified in the maintenance screen-> I have selected maintenance type as one step-> i have given the overview screen number->and in Recording routine i have selected - no, or user ,recording routine.

>>> Now when i go to transaction SM30 and put the table name and press on maintain button I get a information box saying "<b>No data maintenance Authorization; Display only"....</b> and it only displays the data.

my problem is I want to enter data through maintenance view (SM30).

<b>2nd Question >>>></b> once i create a function group for maintenance view how can i assign a transaction for this. <i>(as if i do it as we do for a module pool program it gives me error)</i>Thank you.

kailash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The authorisation group &NC& is miss-named as using SM30 on a table with this group will still check authorisation object S_TABU_DIS. You need to have this authorisation object assigned to your user with both display and change access to use SM30 on this table.

Use transaction SE93, create a transaction with parameters and fill in the fields for transaction SM30's initial screen.

Regards,

Nick

9 REPLIES 9

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Goto SE11 & Open the table.

goto DELIVERY & MAINTENANCE TAB

select Display/Maintenance Allowed

Activate & then check

Former Member
0 Kudos

The authorisation group &NC& is miss-named as using SM30 on a table with this group will still check authorisation object S_TABU_DIS. You need to have this authorisation object assigned to your user with both display and change access to use SM30 on this table.

Use transaction SE93, create a transaction with parameters and fill in the fields for transaction SM30's initial screen.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

<i>Dear Nick,

thank a lot .... but i still have problem creating the transaction in SE93 could you please give me detailed steps for creating the transaction.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kailash.</i>

0 Kudos

SE93. Enter a transaction name. Create. In the pop up enter a title and select 'Transaction with parameters'.

Next screen fill the following;

Transaction 'SM30'

Check 'Skip first screen'

In the table control at the bottom of the screen

Name of screen field 'VIEWNAME'

Value <your table name>

Name of screen field 'SHOW'

Value 'X'

Save.

Job done.

0 Kudos

Dear nick,

thanks a lot again ,but a small problem i followed the steps but it is not allowing me to make new entries .... it only displays the data in table...

Regards,

Kailash.

0 Kudos

Replace the field SHOW with UPDATE.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

thanks nick ... problem solved ...

Regards,

Kailash

Former Member
0 Kudos