cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy service Cannot lock the application for deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of my WebDynpro dc is not getting deployed properly. sometimes while deploying server never responds back and then application goes in "STOPPING " status.. Neither in Started status Nor in Stopped status when checked from NetWeaver Administration.

After resubmitting status check returns error:

" An error occurred when retrieving the application status "

After this, when deployed second time get following error

<i>Aborted: development component 'pftp/ss/dp_personalization'/'sap.com'/'XXXXX_D'/'20071015135742':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Already started operation with application pg.com/pftpmpfdp_personalization in the cluster. No other operation with this application is allowed at the moment.. Reason: Cannot lock [2007101512062716500000bdhp4530.na.pg.com..........78680350, DEPLOY_LOCK_AREA, sap.com/pftpssdp_personalization, X]; it is in use by the same owner. In case of lock mode "R" the lock propagation failed, because the optimistic lock is gone.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.frame.core.locking.LockException: Cannot lock [2007101512062716500000bdhp4530.na.pg.com..........78680350, DEPLOY_LOCK_AREA, sap.com/pftpssdp_personalization, X]; it is in use by the same owner. In case of lock mode "R" the lock propagation failed, because the optimistic lock is gone. (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted</i>

In all cases after J2EE engine restart it start functioning again.

But gets locked more frequently.

Nitesh Shelar

Message was edited by:

Nitesh Shelar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell us how you implemented it.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

to release the configuration lock you have to open the visual administrator.

Under server--> services --> Configuration Adapter open the Tab Open Configurations.

Press button Refresh. Now you can see your configuration file. Select the file and close it via Button "Close selected configurations"

Thats it.

Cheers,

Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am also facing the same problem.

Pleaes help me out.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please let us know how you resolved this problem. Even we are getting the same kind of problem. The error is

Info:07/11/26 05:44:05 - ERROR: Not updated. Deploy Service returned ERROR:

Info: java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application xxxxxxxxx..

Info: Reason: Cannot open deploy/xxxxx configuration for application xxxxx in operation update. Reason: Cannot lock Configuration; it is already locked..; nested exception is:

Info: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Cannot open deploy/xxxxx configuration for application xxxxx in operation update. Reason: Cannot lock Configuration; it is already locked..

thanks in advance,

regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.

former_member199223
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Nitesh Shelar ,

can you please tell me how to resolved the error. I am also got same exception.

Regards,

BoopathiM