Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in eCATT command TCD SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting an error while working with eCATT in one of our test servers.

I am getting some errors while executing the Test Script (for creating multiple users).

Error Messages -

Error in eCATT command TCD SU01

No batch input data for screen SAPLSUU5 0050

I have done all the pre-requisites needed for eCATT script enabling.

Please suggest as soon as possible.

Points will be definitely rewarded.

It's very very urgent.

Thanks & Regards,

Sameer

4 REPLIES 4

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sameer

Screen '0050' of function group SUU5 is the SU01 initial screen for user maintenance where you enter the user name.

If you get a batch-input error there are several possible explanations:

1. You want to create a <u>new </u>user but the eCATT data do not have a username

2. You want to create a <u>new </u>user but a user with the username does already exist

3. You want to <u>change </u>an existing user but the eCATT data do not have a username

4. You want to <u>change </u>an existing user but the user was locked by somebody else.

Conclusion: If you are very confident about the quality of your testscript then you have to search the error in your eCATT data.

Before executing command TCD 'SU01' do you check whether a user with the username of the eCATT data does exist or not? Obviously you need two different testscripts for this two scenarios.

There might also be a server specific reason. For example, if your suspicious test server is a <i>daughter system of the CUA</i> then you are no longer allowed to create users locally on this system.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

I have done all the necessary settings in my test server.

The user is getting created through the script.. but the log shows errors. So before recording multiple users, I need to correct the log & then procedd with recording.

Please provide me with specific solution to the problem.

Regards,

Sameer

0 Kudos

Hello Sameer

It is difficult to say if the errors you get in the eCATT log are indeed function errors.

However, if you want to assure yourself that the users are created correctly then I would use the following approach within the testscript:

1. Pattern TCD (SU01, SU01_1) -> Create user
2. Pattern FUN (BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL, BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL_1) -> read user details
3. Check if all user data are correct (CHEVAR, CHETAB, IF, ...)

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

User is getting created properly in SAP system when you check through SU01. The script runs properly & creates user.

But - The problem is -

• The recording is not error free. I need to do an error free recording. Then proceed to create a variant for multiple users

The error details I have mentioned in my first note.

Please help me out in this.

Regards,

Sameer