Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of equipment master record

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all

My client wants to delete the equipment master record from the production server , can anybody explain the details steps to be carried out. this is the first time iam doing the archiving process.so need your detailed help

regards

thyagarajan

Message was edited by:

thyagarajan krishnamurthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan,

If you want to delete Equipment master record then you should with archiving process. To archive the Equipment Master record, Archiving object is PM_EQUI.

Note: Since you don't know anything of archiving then it is very important to take help of your Archiving team mate.

Before archiving this equipment master record you should archive below documents,

such as 1. Maintenance Plans 2. Serial Number History 3. Service and Maintenance Orders, 4. Routings, 5. Maintenance Notifications, 6. Quality Notification, and 7. Service Notifications.

• Secound prerequisite is to flag the equipment for deletion.

Archiving Equipments can be done by using archiving object PM_EQUI.

Check Archiving Object Technical settings ....See that deletion is automatic.

Steps are:

Easy access --> SARA ---> Write ---> create write variant and select all the equipments that you want to delete ---> click Attributes --> Enter the text in Meaning field ---> SAVE.

2. Maintain Spool parameter

3. Maintain Start date

4. Execute and check the session number in job log.

With this you archiving and deletion will be done in one step.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Message was edited by:

Ajay Kumar

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ajay

thank for your valuable reply, i tried in the IDES system the process is

created equipment and set the deletion flag

then started the archieving process using SARA

i used the PM _EQUI archiving object , also set the deletion start as immediate,but after the archiving when i try to delete the archiving session iam not able to find out ,but the equipment has got the status as DLFT DLT .

Also another query as the equipment has got the deletion indicator but the still the equipmnet is visible when iam using list display of equipments.Can you explain why?

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan,

This time bit late in responding

Can you please see the write spool list whether there is any data written to the archive file or not.

Say if data is written: Then check the Deletion program setting in the 'archiving object specific customizing'. Check the Production variant.

Say it data is not written: Then reason could be that there are open item existing. As SAP recommends that PM_EQUI should be archived only after archiving dependencies. Those are PM_MPLAN

PM_OBJLIST

PM_ORDER

PM_PLAN

PM_QMEL

QM_QMEL

SM_QMEL

-Equipment has got the Status DLFT DLT because you have marked deletion flag.

-You can see the equipment for the database since it is not deleted from it. Until you delete the equipment from the database you can see this.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Answers (0)