cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Material variant assignment to configruable material in MRP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to delete the assignment of material variant and or planning variant given in MRP3 view of non-configurable material.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For SAP_ABA 640: Support Package level: SAPKA64017 - Here is how to do it and additional isntructions on how to re-configure the materials with a new material variant. Currently, I do not know if SAP has a standard way to to this?

1. Delete the following table entries using the SAP ABAP debugger:

a. MARA-CUOBF

b. MARA-SATNR

c. Plant Specific:

i. MARC – STDPD

ii. MARC – CUOBJ

2. Save the records.

3. When you re-enter the material master (basic view and MRPII views) the configurable object will now be cleared

4. Turn on Debugging for program: CL_CBASE======================CP / CL_CBASE======================CM013

a. Breakpoint @ Buffer local (Sample)

• buffer local

gs_owner-owner = is_owner.

CLEAR gs_owner-undefined.

• owner

ls_owner-instance = iv_root_instance.

ls_owner-business_object = is_owner.

INSERT ls_owner INTO TABLE lt_owner.

• check if owner exists

owner_check.

CALL FUNCTION 'IB_COM2_WRITE2_OWNERS'

EXPORTING

i_ibco_handle = gv_handle

i_ibase = gv_cbase

i_owner_tab = lt_owner.

• changed call

gv_changed = gc_true.

ENDMETHOD. "

5. Enter the configurable material and configuration again first in the basic view.

a. Save

i. @ CLEAR gs_owner-undefined delete the ‘X’

ii. @ ev_true = gv_instance_is_new. Delete the ‘X’

iii. @ gv_changed = gc_true. Delete the ‘X’

6. MRPII View, Copy X plant configuration (Need to do for each plant).

a. @ CLEAR gs_owner-undefined delete the ‘X’

b. @ ev_true = gv_instance_is_new. Delete the ‘X’

c. @ gv_changed = gc_true. Delete the ‘X’

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks to Lorenzo Nicora, the two notes indicated solved my problem to update configurable into configurated material!!

The only thing to know about substitute the configurable material is that you have to change the entry MARC-STDPD with the

desired configurable material and you must have the right configuration in view Basic Data 2. If you have to update this configuration you can use a LSMW with Idoc MATMAS05.

Thanks again,

Paolo F.C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an OSS note (oops SAP Note) that explains how to do this. There are reports that need to be run to accomplish this correctly. I cannot believe that an experienced consultant would recommend doing table maintenance, using the ABAP debugger, as an acceptable method to correct anything, in SAP. If you were to corrupt the data, and you get caught doing this, it is a sure-fire way to get thrown off a project, and possibly black-balled from future projects. Is there really a moderator for this Forum ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your message, could you advise what those SAP notes are and how they will function? The responses that I received from SAP OSS is there is no support, programs or processes to delete the CUOBJ configuration object. Thus we had to come up with an alternate solution to (Fix it now).

Being in IT and knowing the business, if the business wants the master data changed they should have the ability to do so. CUOBJ reference is not configuration a transportable object so why is there no transaction that the business can update ---> like updating costs or product hierarchy. Variant configuration is a kind-of product hierarchy, master data should be controlled completly by the business and should not require ABAP programing, customization or debugging.

BR,

Ed

lorenzo_nicora2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm facing similar issues (managing via programs the configuration of material variants). I've found a couple of OSS notes.

Note 736873 - FM for maintaining configuration data for material variants

Note 969755 - Sample report for mass maintenance of material variants

The first note provide a new function module MATERIAL_SAVE_CONFIGURATION that is going to solve my problems. Maybe it can help with yours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What parameters/table entries are needed to remove a material variant assignment? I have been reviewing MATERIAL_SAVE_CONFIGURATION and cannot determine how this will remove a material variant assignment.

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have got the same question as Deb - but I would also like to confirm that you are talking about making the changes in debug mode of view MRP3 of transaction MM02. There, I tried updating the field (after hitting the save button), but when I went back into the material the assignment was still there ... any ideas & help will be much appreciated!

We are also trying implementing the user exits for enhancements CUCPDELE & CUCPDEL1 - do you have any experience with them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhar..,

in MRP3 view go to debugging mode and delete the entries in the following

a.MARA-SATNR

b.MARA-CUOBF

c.MARC-STDPD

d.MARC-CUOBJ

it will solve the problem. if not come back.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply,i want to know anything can be done from end user point of view. The proposal which you gave need some technical skill. My client expects something which an end user could execute without holding any knowledge on table and fields. Like removing tick,clicking delete button...,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhar..,

It is not possible. it has to handle like that only.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per your suggestion, i tried to dubugg it with ABAPer's help,it deletes in Debugg screen,when i come to material screen,again it appears. Have u tried it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhar..,

1. after deletion of entry at side at the side you have one pen (change field content) click it and save the things.

2. coming back to your question, yes i did it so many times.

regads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to perform this task in 4.6C? My results were the same as Sudhar's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give a example of what you want to do?

If material A is configarable material and A1 is variant, then in A1 MRP3 view we assign A and configurae the variant. Now you ant to assinment of this?

Is it you are looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha

Yes,this what precisely i am looking for.

How to delete that assignment. And how to remove the variant assignment (tick) in MRP3 view field configure variant or planning variant once it is assigned