cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Error - (GSS-APP DLL) on Windows Vista!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am getting an error when setting up SAP GUI version 710 on Windows Vista.

When I try to set up an snc logon i get the following message:

Unable to load the GSS-API DLL named 'sncgss32.dll'

On Windows XP we have a GSSAPI32.DLL in the C drive and all is ok?

Any ideas

Thanks

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Phil!

OSS does not know...

Google came up with

http://www.ies.state.pa.us/imaginepa/lib/imaginepa/SAPGUIFAQ071202.pdf

Have a look

Rudi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following is working on Vista at a major client in DK. It is important to know wether you use a 32bit or 64bit Operating System. This example is with 32bit system.

Create a uservariable in MS Vista called SNC_LIB. Value is <drive>:\<path>\gsskrb5.dll

example: SNC_LIB=c:\windows\system32\gsskrb5.dll

the file gsskrb5.dll should ofcourse be placed in the folder specified above. You can download the file from microsoft or from SAP (I think it can be found in a note)

The you setup your SAP environment to handle SSO with the same file in the serversetup - i recommend only to use the gsskrb5.dl file. Verify that the setup is correct on the server. If it is correct the SNC tab will exist on transaction SU01 and when you enter the correct value in the "SNC name" field the should pop up a green checkmark..

In the gui on the specific system you should enter the following value in the Secure Network setting "SAPService<system id>@<domain>".

It should work without problem.. If you have an older version of SAP you should perhaps try out the GSSNTLM.DLL file instead of GSSKRB5.DLL. That can sometimes help if it does not work.

Best regards

Klaus van Berkel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you'll need a System Variable / Environment Variable

SNC_LIB

C:\YourLocation\DllFile

we're using gsskrb5.dll