Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Transaction SM01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we lock the transaction code SM01 using Transaction code SM01, how can we unlock it?

Regards,

Sheetal

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

by editing table TSTC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this: Create a parameter transaction for SM01 in SE93 (skip the first screen and set *TSTC-TCODE = 'SM01'). Go to SE97 and ensure that SM01 "trusts" your <parameter transaction>.

Then call transaction <parameter transaction> and unlock SM01.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Juluis,

Whats this parameter transaction ? What are the fundamental needs for this? do you have nay links to this ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello George,

Here is a link for you: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/bf/ec078a5db911d295ae0000e82de14a/frameset.htm

The intention of parameter transactions and the likes is to reuse generic transctions, also often referred to as "core transactions".

Okay... the intention is not to unlock SM01 with it, but that is cleaner than updating TSTC with a value which may or may not be correctly displayed in SE16.

Cheers,

Julius

PS: Did you try it on SM01? I hope not and I did not either, and I don't recommend doing it just for the sake of it.