cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX in Multiple Clients Possibility?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We currently have a development CRM system (dev system client 1, test system client 2) with one instance of TREX up and running. TREX is properly set up and indexing client 1. Is it possible to use the same instance to index client 2? If so, where is this documentation? Our Basis team has recommended against setting up TREX in multiple clients but I am confused as to the reason.

I am not too familiar with how this is all set up so if you could explain it in a way that I can easily tell our Basis team, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Points will be awarded for helpful responses.

Edited by: John S on Jan 21, 2008 4:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

It is possible to have 1 TREX installation for multiple clients.

Please refer to the SAP NetWeaver 2004s Search and Classification (TREX) Multiple Hosts

installation guide.

This installation guide details the installation and configuration of a distributed TREX

system on more than one host. The installation guide is located on the SAP Service

Marketplace at service.sap.com/installNW2004s.

I hope this answer helps.

Regards

Note: Please award points if this answer is helpful in resolving your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does "host" refer to the TREX system? That is, a single TREX system versus multiple TREX systems?

In our scenario we have a dev CRM system with multiple clients, as well as a QA system with multiple clients. Can we use a single TREX system for all others -- i.e. CRM client 1, CRM client 2, QA client 1, QA client 2?

Thanks!

Former Member

Hi John,

regarding our question:

"Does "host" refer to the TREX system? That is, a single TREX system versus multiple TREX systems?"

Exactly that is meant here: TREX single host system vs. TREX multiple hosts system/distributed landscape

You intend to use one single host TREX system by several CRM-applications/systems.

In principle, you can connect one TREX system (TREX single host installation or distributed multiple hosts installation) to more than one application.

Note the following:

The TREX system must have appropriate dimensions so that it can process the load of all the applications. This could be a problem in your case for only a TREX single host installation.

You must take organizational measures to ensure that the applications use separate index namespaces.

You will find this info in the TREX installation guide on SMP:

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700005511982005E/SR2_Single_Host.pdf

page 8

Regards,

Ralph

Answers (0)