cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicate through XML-RPC with non-sap system using XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

There is external system which using XML-RPC protocol. The task is make R/3 (v4.7) system communicate with that external system.

Can XI help solving this task? Does it have built-in support or XML-RPC, or some programming will be required? How will the solution look if XI is used?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a nutshell, XI is a tool in SAP's attempt to re-image their products as being SOA compliant. Currently, you can't access any R/3 components directly using a service call (WSDL & SOAP, XMLRPC, etc...). You mut use a proprietary, point-to-point interface in a BAPI, IDOC, or RFC interface.

This is possible with XI/PI

XML-RPC

XML-RPC does remote procedure call over internal to connect different servers.

XML-RPC depends on HTTP to move data from one server to another, it only defines an XML vocabulary that specifies the name of some piece of code to execute remotely and any parameters the code might need.

SOAP Carries an XML RPC tradition by defining an XML language for packaging arbitrarily XML inside an XML envelope. Although SOAP does not depend on HTTP, the momentum behind SOAP is attributable to the fact that HTTP will usually be used for transfer protocol for SOAP messages.

Please refer below link for more details

/people/padmankumar.sahoo/blog/2005/02/15/an-overview-of-soap

Thanks

SWarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jan 27, 2008 5:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarup,

Am I right that you propose to pack my XML-RPC messages into SOAP messages and transfer them with SOAP-adapter in XI?

If it is so then one thing is bothering me - who will parse XML-RPC messages and perform corresponding funcion calls? Is there in XI some engine for doing this or this task must be programmed by hands?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To parse XML-RPC messages and to make the function call, you need Web Service whcih agreed with ML-RPC protocall.

You need to develope the Webservice which will be using XML-RPC. The Webservice will consume and create the SOAP/XML for it.

Then that SOAP/XML envelope can be used to interface with XI.

I don't think there is any provision available to do it in XI.

There is no much documenation available which will guide for this transformation as generally WebService will be focused with SOAP protocalls.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, communication will look like that:

Non-sap system <=XML-RPC=> Web Service <=SOAP/XML=> XI <==> R/3.

Is that correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are absolutly right about it.

The communication flow Non-sap system <=XML-RPC=> Web Service <=SOAP/XML=> XI <==> R/3.

is required.

I am happy to help you in clarifying this.

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (0)