cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization error; unknown user name or incorrect password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Authorization error; unknown user name or incorrect password when I try to log on to Integration Repository ot Directory. But I did not any issues with SLDand RWB.

I am accessing from client machine Not from server.

Any one similar suitauation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with your security team..

You need to have role for your user id..

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the USERID have all roles what XISUPER had.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try password with CAPS ON, i know the password is not case sensitive in SAP but I'd give a shot.

One other thing, type your password in a textpad, copy and paste it in the password field.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No luck, it does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Did you try to login with XISUPER ?

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Same issue with XISUPER

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

MDöllinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I ran into exactly the same problem including not being able to access the visual administrator and so on. The only thing that helped was restarting the whole XI system. So if anyone has a decent solution to this problem, I'd be happy to know.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I'm not sure if this issue had been resolved on your end, but we did run into the same error when an additional NIC card was added on the XI system. It's not authorization related but Java Webstart related.

We resolved the issue by:

1. Apply OSS note 864268.

2. Reinitializing Java Webstart -- go to your <XI URL>>Administration>Java Webstart Administration-->Reinitialization.

Regards,

Rex

deidre_logan
Participant
0 Kudos

since we can not get into the Visual admin to make the changes that are required in 864268... can I just make the change in the config tool and stop and restart the dispatcher via the jcmon tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I have faced the same problem. It is not at all an authorization issue. Your Integration builder is not able to connect to the XI server.

I found out that the java web start packages for Integration Builder tries to connect using the ip address of the XI server. Generally the XI server is setup with a local IP address ( which is not routed over the internet). The only way you can access the integration builder is by connecting the the remote network using VPN. I was able to connect remotely after I VPN ed to my work network. Try doing that.

You do not face this problem with the SLD and RWB we apps because you connect using an internet IP addesses and may be a portforwarding is setup in you router. This portforwarding will not work with Integration builder because you are not supplying the IP address to the IB it gets the config from the XI server when you download it(so the XI server provided its local IP address).

Thanks,

Kalyan Musunuri

deidre_logan
Participant
0 Kudos

We are having this same error. our production system has been up and running a while. We can log into the RWB and SLD. We are not able to get into the Visual admin either. We are getting the following error "End of stream is reached unexpectedly during input from Socket[addr=/xxx.xxx.xx.xxx,port=5xx04,localport=59052].

( I took out the actual IP for security reseans )

I am assuming these are related issues.

any help would be appreciated... we are on the same network as the XI servers to I do not know about connecting via the VPN is an option.

Dede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

We faced a similar problem. The issue is that the port to which you are trying to access have not been opened for you (firewall issue). So ask ur networking folks to open the ports to allow you access the server.

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

We do not have any fire walls set up. Is there any settings in internet options to be changed?

Please give me some details.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Did you follow the weblog

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1688 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

2. Did you check whether your Exchange Profile parameters have been populated correct for the Integration Builder ?

3. If none of the above work, try to redeploy the XI TOOLS SCA file and try it on the same system where XI is installed.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shravan,

Thanks for help,

1. I did follow the weblog and did the accordingly.

2. We verified the Exchange Profile parameters and seems to be correct.

3. We did redeploy XITOOLS, then only we could launch from server, but we not able to launch from remote PC(internet).

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you put the ip address in the remote client system host file ?

It is always better to do that. Also check whether your XI server has any firewall. If yes, open the ports 8000, 50000, 50004, 50018.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shravan,

Yes, we did put the ip address in host file.

XI server did not have fire wall.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to ping the XI Server at all ?

My google talk id is xiconsultant@gmail.com

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I could ping the server and

I could able to log on to SLB and RWB etc., only I get error when I log on to integration repository and directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Is this issue with your user id only or for all.Try

logon from some other system with differnt userid.

Thanks.

Rekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rekha,

All userid have same problem when log on remotely.

and also same problem with different m/c.

There was no problem when we are same LAN network. The problem is when connecting from remotely(thru internet).

All your help is appreciated

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

There is no settings on Internet Options for you to do. The port to which you try to connect to for XI Server has to be opened for your IP. Ask your networking guys to open the ports for you to access. Preferably ask the to open all the ports between 50000 to 59999.

cheers

Sameer

In my current scenario, i am working from india and accessing a client XI server in the US. And i faced similar problems. And the above solution solved the problem.

Message was edited by: Sameer Shadab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Thank you very much for your help. Is these ports open on client side or (server side).

Thanks

Venkat

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are facing the same trouble here ....

on running NETSTAT in DOS here is the following report

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State

TCP HP12109112533:4824 XXXXX.com:50000 TIME_WAIT

TCP HP12109112533:4825 XXXXX.com:50000 TIME_WAIT

TCP HP12109112533:4828 XXXXX.com:50004 ESTABLISHED

TCP HP12109112533:4829 XXXXXMASK:50004 SYN_SENT

WHY is 50004 port coming in the picture ?

Also if i need to open the port 50000 sud it be on my desktop or at the server side ?

Regards,

Shabarish

mukesh_mahadik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, we are able to ping it without any nw issue.

Thanks & Regads,

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check if your id has the following roles

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR

Naveen