Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warn, error, and information messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the difference between error, warning, and informaion messages.

In case of warning messag, I got a warning message and was not allowed to exexute until i made corrections. This is same in both information and error messages.

In case of warning and information types, I was expectiong just to get a message but still allowed to execute when i click on F8 but it is not working like that.

Please help.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

well friend after error message you comes back to the same field in which you entered wrong value.thats why it is used for validations.

after warning you proceed further but you get reminded about the error.

after information you proceed but a pop up window comes and fter that when you press enter you proceed further

plz reward if useful

keep rockin

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check these..

there are generally 6 types of messages,described as below.

A --> Termination Message

The message appears in a dialog box, and the program terminates. When the user has confirmed the message, control returns to the next-highest area menu.

E --> Error Message

Depending on the program context, an error dialog appears or the program terminates.

I --> Information

The message appears in a dialog box. Once the user has confirmed the message, the program continues immediately after the MESSAGE statement.

S --> Status Message and Sucess message

The program continues normally after the MESSAGE statement, and the message is displayed in the status bar of the next screen.

W --> Warning

Depending on the program context, an error dialog appears or the program terminates.

X --> Exit

No message is displayed, and the program terminates with a short dump. Program terminations with a short dump normally only occur when a runtime error occurs. Message type X allows you to force a program termination. The short dump contains the message ID.

REGARDS,

GAURAV J.

0 Kudos

Thank you. When I hit enter, I was able to find the difference.