Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create customizing table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

How to create a customizing table? what should be the delivery class for this customizing table?

how to to maintain table maintainance geneartor?

Please explain me step by step:

and also please explain me how to create a view?

Regards,

Gupta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa,

Use transaction SE11 and enter the name of the table (ZABC) and execute CREATE. Enter the required fields which u need in the table select the fields which are primary keys. Make sure your first field in the table is MANDT and is also a key. and press save...Your table is created.

the delivery class depends on the nature of the table you created. If the table you created is used to maintain transactional data like sales order numbers, deliveries etc then use set the delivery calss = 'A' but if you table will be used a config table let us say for this delivery type and shipping point ....FLAG = 'X' and if you use this table in the program to determine certain actions to be done like create transfer orders for deliveries if FLAG = 'X', in these kind of situations you use delivery class = 'C' where the table not not be populated with transactional data.

Once the table is created click on "Utilities -> Table Maintenance Generator -> on the scree enter the authorization group if none then enter &NC&, function group = name of the table (ZABC) and execute CREATE which can be found in the titile

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa,

Use transaction SE11 and enter the name of the table (ZABC) and execute CREATE. Enter the required fields which u need in the table select the fields which are primary keys. Make sure your first field in the table is MANDT and is also a key. and press save...Your table is created.

the delivery class depends on the nature of the table you created. If the table you created is used to maintain transactional data like sales order numbers, deliveries etc then use set the delivery calss = 'A' but if you table will be used a config table let us say for this delivery type and shipping point ....FLAG = 'X' and if you use this table in the program to determine certain actions to be done like create transfer orders for deliveries if FLAG = 'X', in these kind of situations you use delivery class = 'C' where the table not not be populated with transactional data.

Once the table is created click on "Utilities -> Table Maintenance Generator -> on the scree enter the authorization group if none then enter &NC&, function group = name of the table (ZABC) and execute CREATE which can be found in the titile

0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

I have done all those steps but i am getting a message like this 'The maintenance object description

transportable development class'

Regards,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

In order to maintain any table, you have to check the flag Table Maintenance allowed under Attributes Tab.

0 Kudos

Hello Seshu,

I have checked the box table maintanance allowed already but still the problem persist.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos

When/Where are you getting this message ?

Can you check the long text, if present, for that message ?

Regards,

aj

0 Kudos

Hello Abishek,

I am getting this message while i am trying to save the table maintanance generator after filling the authorization group, function group, etc, after we fill evrey thing we will be having an option to save.

Here the message comes.

Regards,

Gupta

0 Kudos

Hi lisa ,

After fillling up the options in the TMG.

Just use the button create , it will create the screens and prg's dynamically.

no need to save even.

In the case ur getting the warning msg then the development class u have that FG is not transported.

Thanks