cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we post Confirmations in SRM for all Backend PO's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a query on Confirmations. Can we use SRM system to post GR's for all backend PO's..Which means my PurReq and PO's ,both are created in ECC only. I am not using SRM for cart creation...but i want to do Confirmations for these Backend PO's in SRM system..Is this possible? If yes, what are the limitaitons.

Appreciate if anyone can throw some light on this..

Thanks in Advance.

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my view

SRM is a procuring tool and supports only three scenarios

1) Classic

2) Extended Classic

3) Stand Alone

In any of these three we cannot create only confirmation in the SRM for all the backend purchase order.

Any better idea of how to make this happen will be really appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we use SRM system to post GR's for all backend PO's..Which means my PurReq and PO's ,both are created in ECC only. I am not using SRM for cart creation...

--> there is a no

GRs can be done in SRM or in R/3 in parallel, when the ShoppingCarts originates in SRM.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Currently i am using Ext-classic scenario, our integration allows both SRM PO's and R/3 PO's confirmed in SRM.

So it is "DEFENITELY YES" to post confirmation.

I have seen the same scenario in classical implementation as well.

Thanks, Renga

Award points if helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. It seems we got contradictory info. One says No and another says Yes.

Renga, Could you pls explain little bit about your solution and how you made it possible.

Claudia, Thanks for your reply. I would like to hear more on this why its not possible?

Thanks

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

it is definite NO Go for your requirement. In order use the GR Transaction in SRM, there needs to originate the Shopping Cart in SRM. In both technical SRM scenarios, classic as well extended, then the GR can be posted in R/3 or in SRM.

Details can be found under http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/63/be453c8bf3f30ee10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

You need to have SRM in place for Requisitioning to be able for GR posting; only for these Reqs there is then also the choice available doing the GR in R/3 or in SRM.

You said you have Reqs / POs only in R/3 and do not use SRM. When you do not use SRM as the starting point for issuing Reqs, the SRM system does not know anything about the Requisition in R/3. Therefore the is no GR possible in R/3.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I don't know what is this confusion all about and why you are so confused about a very obvious thing.

As informed by Claudia and me in our previous replies, even though SRM is integrated to R/3, if you wish to do all your transactions in R/3 you could very well able to do.

And SRM will not update all those transactions as R/3 can very well function as a stand alone system irrespective of the implementation scenario you are using in SRM (i.e classic , extended classic etc)

Only when either a shopping cart or a P.O gets created in SRM then the status gets updated in both SRM & R/3.

If you create both P.R and P.O in R/3, SRM is no where in picture (except you are using PDP scenario where your P.R gets transferred to SRM) so you can not create confirmation for a requirement which does n't exist.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in allaying your confusion. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright, lets avoid the confusion.

Classic-

It is possible to do Confirmations in SRM for a PO(no shopping cart relation) originated in ECC.

regs

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO - NO - NO!!!!!!

NO GR for ECC Reqs and ECC POs with preceeding ECC Req - that's the way it is.

Please - take it and give us some points before we all get nuts

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I would strongly say "YES" because i have tested that scenario in my system and it works.

My point is (Irrespective of technical scenario) GR/SE is based on IDoc's and BAPI's. so irrespective of whether you create shopping carts or requirements you can still post confirmation as long as you know the PO's that were created in ECC.

In Krishna's business scenario, he wish (though SAP SRM won't list the PO which are created in R/3) to have the PO displayed for the requester and requester would select the PO to do confirmation which would defenitely require some development interface to ECC. but posting of GR is SAP SRM standard and for that i don't think you need a "PRIOR" SRM documents.

FYI... Login as purchaser, use "Confirm Goods/Service Centrally" to create GR's.

Though it is contradictory to other friend i would say "YES" since i saw it in my landscape. i have also provided solution for someother client(Classical scenario) who wish to supress the ECC PO's in SRM. for that i have applied seperate solution for it.

it is something like a "Royal flush" on my hand hence i am betting on it.

Krishna, Once you start the implementation you will see the standard solution working for you.

Cheers, Renga

Former Member
0 Kudos

The query has been around standard ..... .

With manipulation and modification the requirement is possible - almost everything is then possible. There are twisted landscapes out there .... .

Anyhow: By a standard SRM system the requirement is not possible.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SRM standard solution this is possible. (sorry again i have to raise more)

For customer specific (Cosmetic) things which has to be handled either by SAP standard implementation/custom one(if you are exhausted with standard solution), which is a part of any implementations/upgrades.

Cheers, Renga

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - how you achieve to get a GR posted for an ECC PO Only (also with a prior only ECC Req) in SRM?

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just login as purchaser/requestor having SAP_EC_BBP_OP_PURCHASER role assigned,

Use "Confirm Goods/Service Centrally" transaction, search for your ECC PO (in this case let us take NB document type PO to make sure we are using only ECC PO). and try to confirm it.

It must/should allow your confirmation. Check your confirmation in R/3.

Good luck,

BTW... let me thread creator tried the options which was suggested by other users.

Cheers, Renga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renga,

you are correct - forgot completely about the trxs for central GR and INV.

Well done - you should get the points!

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

You are welcome!

Krishna,

Try the options suggested and i believe it helps to resolve your business scenario.

Cheers, renga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renga,

Thanks for your inputs. Though i haven't checked it yet, as my sandbox not yet ready..i will check that soon.

Points awareded..

Thanks

Krishna

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can just confirm that with BBPCF03, you can do GR for PO created only in ECC.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

In addition to Claudia's suggestions please understand that even though SRM is connected with backend R/3, R/3 can also function as a stand alone system.

That means R/3 can be used to complete your cycle without any link to SRM.

Even though the SRM & R/3 systems are linked, the transaction data transfers only from SRM to R/3 and not from R/3 to SRM.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in understanding the issue.

Clarifictaions are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe it is possible to post confirmation for a backend PO in SRM.

Technically it is possible not sure on the limitations though.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

nope, that does not work. SRM only knows documents which originate in SRM. That's why a GR can be done in SRM as well in R/3 for Req created in SRM.

I could think of to accomplish your requirement via a Portal, where MIGO is integrated and the used do not have to think in which system they have to log on. That's also the idea of webservice based on the eSOA framework. So you could create a webservice for GR and let the users do the GR.

Cheers,

Claudia