cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle Error DTP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to use the Error DTP and capture all the records that errored out and process it for a letr time. When using the DTP's in the process chain should I include the Error DTP also with on Failure condition?

Let me tell the process flow I think will work, correct me if my assumption is wrong...

1. Load the Info Package into the PSA.

2a. Load the PSA content to DSO usin DTP

2b. Also Connect the Error DTP out of info package and on failure

3. Connect the DSO Activation from DTP that is only on Sucsess.

Please let me know whether it is a correct approach?

Thanks,

Alex.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

clsoing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Error DTP can be used to load the errored records when loading through DTP.

You create an error DTP for an active data transfer process on the Update tab page. You run it directly in the background or include it in a process chain so that you can schedule it regularly in the context of your process chain. The error DTP uses the full update mode to extract data from the error stack (in this case, the source of the DTP) and transfer it to the target that you have already defined in the data transfer process.

Please see below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f8/7913426e48db2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Nitin Pardeshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

I understand how and what Error DTP does. All I am asking is how the error DTP gets updated with errored records? Should I mention the DTP in the process chain (connected with red line- when process fails) or I don't have to do it? How should I use the error DTp in the process chain. See my steps whether it is correct? have you done it?

Thanks,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You neednot add error DTP to a process chain.

Once you activate the error handling in DTP { Create Error DTPs } and if the load has incorrect records, the same will be stacked up in the error DTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jr,

So later on to handle the errored records I would have to execute DTP by DTP manually after investigating the reason for failure. Is there a better way something like another process chain etc to tie all the error DTP's together and process like a process chain? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex(Arthur Samson)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Its not like that , while data loading if any od the DTP's are failing u can directly go into them , delete the bad requset from the target and then according to the error do all that then start the IP again.

If everyday different DTP's failed then evryday u need to create diffrent chains unnecessarily b'coz they may fail with different issues , and may be its not possible to solve the issue at ur end.

Hope it helps,

Supriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suriya,

If you create an Error DTP then there is no question of deleting any request from the target, because what all you need to do is to fix the error records in the DTP and process it. Different errors doesn't matter. ALl it matters is that the same error DTP is going to be used. DIfferent errors has to be delt differently.

Are you currently using the Error DTP in your process and How do you handle them?

Thanks,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

after creating an error DTP for an active data transfer process on the Update tab page. you can run it directly in the background or include it in a process chain to schedule it regularly in the context of your process chain (by selecting the process type - Error Dtp).

-Raghava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I hope these links will help you.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/fa1acfcf2c1aa2e10000000a422035/frameset.htm]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/43/f92c705e136ecce10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

Iunderstand what Error DTP does, all I am asking is that how the error DTP should be attached in the process chain where the regular process goes on. I know I can schedule it one by one or by another process chain. My quetion is should I mention that in the process chain or not? If yes how. Pleas elook at my steps above...

Thanks,

Alex.