cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 2007 Steps for UI activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our company just installed SAP CRM 2007. This is my first IT project, could some one help me with step-by-step process to activate new web ui, so that I can log-in & explore the functionality. Your assistance will be rewarded and appreciated

Cheers,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the new SAP set up just a transaction CRM_UI will take you to your web UI. Try that .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I just got an interesting problem.

We are after implementing CRM 7.0.

Everything is set up as it is described in this topic and in all documents.

I mean, SICF, Logsys definition, Business roles, technical profiles, etc...

BUT!

I can get to the login screen without any issues, but AFTER giving the login data, the browser will hang, in the background (I mean on the CRM server) a process will start which will use report SAPLSEOP and never ends. After the configured timeout the user will have javascript error instead of the CRM framework.

We have already maximized all timeouts, but nothing has been changed...

So can you please help me?

Regrads,

Balazs

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you ever get an answer to this?

We are implementing CRM 7.0 and have the same behavior as you described with the WebClient UI.

After login, the browser just clocks with the message: 'Starting SAP CRM'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have found the solution.

Check this note: 1401427

The background: if you start CRM the system tries to genrate and compile several objects.

And there is a method which was delivered incorrectly by SAP.

Check SM50 during the "SAP CRM starting" event and if you can see processes which are running SAPLSEOP in delete mode from table DD010C this is the solution.

Or upgrade your basis level.

Note: The original SAP shipped CRM package was wrong.

I hope it solves your problem

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

What you mentioned about sm50 and SAPLSEOP appeared to be the case.

I didn't have enough patience.

Once that finished running (I just let it run and never killed it and it finally finished), the WebClient did come up.

And thereafter comes up right away.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I would like to thank all of you for your valuable suggestions and hope that you will continue to support.

Cheers,

Peter J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter;

Follow:

1. Got to T-Code SA38

2.CRMD_UI_ROLE_ASSIGN enter this and execute

3.Select ur UID

4. Choose the following Role SAP_CRM_UIU_FRAMEWORK and execute

5.repeat the steps for UID and following roles

6.BP_MKT_MANAGER, BP_MKT_EMPLOYEE BP_SALES_MANAGER

Additionally use : Building Block:CRM WebClient User Interface (C04).

I am quite sure your assignment would be made simple.

Thanks,

Tapan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Could you kindly send me the link to building block C04 please....

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter;

I haven't heard from you on the solution provided.Does it work?Additionally you ask Basis to provide the role assignment for you id of the following:

BP_MKT_EMPLOYEE;BP_MKT_MANAGER;BP_POWER_USER;BP_SLS_EMPLOYEE;BP_SLS_MANAGER

Thanks and look forward to your feedback.

Tapan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to thank you all for wonder contribution to view 2007 WEB UI. Please note that following sequence (as per your guidance) I have gone through to view 2007 WEB UI:

a) Created a CRM User with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW authorizations

b) Up loaded SAP# 1077251 business role in PFCG

c) Generated PFCG business roles (BP_POWER_USER/BP_SLS_MANAGER/ BP_SLS_EMP /BP_MKT_MANAGER/BP_MKT_EMPLOYEE)

d) Assigned CRM User one profile each (eg: Sales Rep, Sales Manager etc.,)

e) Assigned CRM User to the CRM BP – Employee

f) Assigned CRM BP – Employee to the Position in the Organization Model

g) Created Config. Key (spro->img->crm)

h) Created Technical Profile (spro->img->crm)

i) Created Business Role (spro->img->crm-> eg: sales manager) -> assign Technical Profile and Config. Key to Business Role

j) Assign Business Role to the Position in Org. Model (Org. Unit -> double click on position (eg: Sales Manager) -> select Goto (Main Menu) -> select Detail Object -> select enhanced object description -> select business role in active tab page -> click on create -> select/assign business role (ex: sales manager)

k) Activate ICM services in SICF as per SAP# 1115493 (crm 2007 release specific) and SAP# 992848

l) Verify the port and FQDN (fully qualified domain name = SAP Application Server Computer Name) in SMICM -> Change FQDN – if not displayed (you have to re-start the server to activate this)

m) Check Internet Browser settings – SAP# 654982, make user the pop-up blocker is disabled

n) Go-to RZ11 (t-code) and set the parameters for the following:

a) login/accept_sso2_ticket should be 1

b) login/create_sso2 ticket should be 2

o) Go-to SU25 (t-code) to fill the SAP tables with Profiles (may need to work with SU24 (t-code))

p) Check SAP# 1120400 – Roles specific (I did not used it)

q) Create log-on page from SAP GUI (Right Click on favorites folder -> select add other objects -> select BSP application -> BSP Application = CRM_UI_FRAME -> enter description -> Start Page = default.htm)

r) Click on log-on page -> enter CRM User -> changes skins in personalize link

I would like to thank Stephen, Bharatiraja, Frederic, Andreas, Rashmi and Tapan for their contribution to make this possible for me.

I expect your expert contributions in my future questions. Currently I am straggling with hiding some of the views (eg: Account Hierarchies in Account & Contact Management for Sales Rep.). Your expert comments/help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter, I am in the same boat as you. I'm familiar with other SAP products ... ERP, portals, BI ...etc.

I haven't been to any training regarding CRM 2007 for administrators (if there is such a thing). Our config folks are taking CRM classes but those classes are based on CRM 5.0.

So I followed this thread. I have all http services in transaction SICF activated. When I go to transaction BSP_WD_CMPWB and enter Component CRM_UI_FRAME and click test, I get the SAP NetWeaver SAP Web Application Server login. I log in w/my credentails then I get a message "Logon is starting" followed by a timeout error in the browser.

The only documentation I could find for the installation was the CRM 2007 master guide and NW2007 installation guide.

Does anyone know if there is a configuration guide for CRM2007?

Thanks

-- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Education will offer soon the CR580 - UI Configuration for the new SAP CRM.

In addition we from SAP Consulting offer Deep Dive Workshops on the SAP CRM 2007.

WebClient UI Development SAP CRM2007 (4d)

Authorizationconcept SAP CRM 2007 (2d)

and some other like Multibackend, E-Commerce, Middleware, Pricing.

This are no training classes but more intensive hands-on workshops for customers, partners and ou internal colleagues.

If you are interested just drop me a short email.

Regards

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Please try log-on continuously for 3/4 times with an interval of 2/3 min. every time, as when ever you get a time out error SAP CRM 2007 in background will run the process. You can find this in SM50 - Process Monitor Screen. I have noted that re-log-on will be faster and you will get the WEB UI....

Note: Please check your IE browser is disabled with Pop-up block feature. Also, once you have logged in for the first time, when you click on any link will take time and may show the error time-out..

Best of Luck,

Cheers,

Peter J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Can you let me more about hands-on workshops like location, time and charges etc.,

Best Regards,

Peter J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I would... If I could...

No email in your business card.

Regards

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter, I received an email from our SAP account rep.

I think this is what Frederic is referring to.

I managed to get the web UI login screen to come up. But I get an error message "Logon is not possible because you have not been assigned to a business role" I ran SU24/SU25 and via SE38, program CRMD_UI_ROLE_ASSIGN. I now have the roles BP_MKT_EMPLOYEE, BP_MKT_MANAGER and SAP_CRM_UIU_FRAMEWORK. Both the BP_* roles have no authorizations assigned to them. The other roles mentioned in this thread don't exist. We are on SP12. I've seen mentions in this form to upgrade to at least SP14.

Anyhow, back to the session that I think Frederic is referring to , PRICING VERIFIED: $3,500/PERSON:

The SAP CRM2007 Web UI Deep Dive workshop is held Monday June 16th - Friday June 20th at SAP Americas headquarters 3999 West Chester Pike Newtown Square PA 19073.

Pre-Requisite Required:

ABAP, PCUI or IC Web Client UI experiences and or IC Web Client Deep Dive Workshop

Optional:

SAPCRM overview of the SAP CRM solution

CR100 CRM Customizing Fundamentals

BC401 ABAP Objects.

Goals

- Develop skill in new Web UI technology for SAP CRM 2007

Content

- SAP CRM Web Client User Interface Overview

- SAP CRM Web Client User Interface Concepts

- Technical Bas: Architecture, Business Object Layer and Framework

- Creating Roles in UI

- Configuration : UI Configuration Tool

- Customer Enhancements with the easy Enhancement Workbench

- Interaction Center in the new SAP CRM Web Client UI

- Create of Customer-Specif skins and layout

- Introducing the Working with the new Web Service Tool

- Create of own Application and Integration into the SAP CRM Web UI

For Registration please contact Jill Navarro at sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had the same problem, it got resolve when i changed the configuration in the J2EE server. The client that i am logging into in CRM2007 i had made the default configuration in J2EE server. And t.code SICF activate maintain services. Then use..

transaction code: CRMS_IC_CROSS_SYS

CRM- CRICLNT888u2014800- http://mcdcrm01.mcl.co.in:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/?transaction=CRMD_ORDER&okcode=ICEXECUTE

Now the domain you change it to yours and also do not forget to add in System32-etc- IP and domain.

It should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you copy SAP tables with standard authorization values to your customer tables?

We copied the standard values with SU25 and implemented note 1120400.

Then the UI worked in our case. We had the same error befor.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

good point if your user has not SAP_ALL.

Details can be found in the IMG in the section Technical Role Definition -> Define Authorization Profile by hitting on the documentation button

regards

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

even if the user has SAP_ALL it might not work as in our case.

If you dont copy with SU25 necessary standard objects are mssing in SAP_ALL.

If you know the objects then you can add them manually PFCG of course. But there are a lot.

Regards

Andreas

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

You will need to activate the nodes described in OSS note 1115493 in transaction SICF. You will then need to make sure that your userid is assigned a role in PFCG that corresponds to the business roles contained in SAP CRM.

That will ensure you will see the correct CRM menu.

Once this is done you can browse the new UI however with no data via going to a URL such as:

http://<host>:<port>/sap/crm_logon?sap-client=<client>;

where <host> is your CRM server, <port> is the HTTP port of the system and <client> is the client setup for your system.

For a more complete "browsing", it is suggested you setup your middleware connection between CRM & ERP, and perform the initial downloads of customizing and master data(customers and materials).

There is a good article in the CRM expert magazine that goes through these steps in more details.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for help. After reading some documentation, the following is my understanding - correct me, if my understanding is wrong:

a) Create User with SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW (example: a)

b) PFCG - create a authorization profile and add user (a)

c) Create Org. Model (example: US)

d) Create Position - Sales Manager

e) Assign User (a) to the Position

f) Log off from CRM and log in with a User (a)

g) Activate all Services as per note 1115493

h) WHAT IS THE T-CODE TO RUN UI???

Cheers,

Peter

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

There is no t-code to run the UI. The UI is a web based application and has no transactions assigned to it. You instead use the URL that I gave you above to access the UI.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Again thanks for the help. So you agree with my step-wise understanding. Can you just forward me the link to the config-scenario magazine.

Cheers,

Peter

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The article is located at www.crmexpertonline.com. However you need to have a subscription to view the article.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

You can access UI throw follwing steps:

1). Goto BSP_WD_CMPWB transaction

2). Enter CRM_UI_FRAME in Componant field.

3). Click TEST button. Now you will get UI screen.

Hope it will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathiraja,

I tried your sequence proposed; following error generated in browser and can’t view new UI

"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

Can you suggest me – what to do next?

Cheers

Peter

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

Sounds like your WAS server is not configured correclty, or nodes are not activiated in SICF. You should go to transaction SMICM and choose the menu option:

Goto->Parameters->Display

Now you will need to verify that HTTP has been setup, such as an example

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8080

You should also look and see if the parameter

icm/host_name_full equals the name of your ABAP application server.

If those are correct, then you will need to verify also in the SMICM transaction from the main menu:

Goto->services

This should show that HTTP is active on your system on the port configured above.

If your userid has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW then you can rule out any authorization issues in accessing the site.

Now to avoid any ICF issues you can do the following(don't do this in production systems)

- Activate all services under node /sap/crm

- Activate the node /sap/crm_logon

- Activate all services under node /sap/bc/bsp/sap/

- Activate all services under node /public

I will admit there will be some security guys cringing on these steps, but since you have SAP_ALL it doesn't matter at this point :).

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your assistance. Please note that I have followed all the sequences suggested, still can’t view new UI in IE-Web Browser. Any other suggestions??

You should go to transaction SMICM and choose the menu option:

Goto->Parameters->Display

Now you will need to verify that HTTP has been setup, such as an example

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8080

- I found the icm/server_port_0=PORT=HTTP,PORT=8000 (not 8080) does it effects in any way??

icm/host_name_full equals the name of your ABAP application server.

- I found icm/host_name_full=ABAP application server (ex: sapcrm00) this similar to the CRM Server name – does it effects in any way??

If those are correct, then you will need to verify also in the SMICM transaction from the main menu:

Goto->services

This should show that HTTP is active on your system on the port configured above.

- I found both HTTP and SMTP are active

Now to avoid any ICF issues – transaction SICF

- Activate all services under node /sap/crm

- Activate the node /sap/crm_logon

- Activate all services under node /sap/bc/bsp/sap/

- Activate all services under node /public

- Most of them I activated as per note 1115493 and the missing from the above activated

Cheers,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all you should deactivate "Show user friendly HTTP error messages" in your browser. For IE7:

Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Here you go. Make sure to untick.

After applying the change with the next run the message from the SAP CRM Server will be displayed instead of MS text blabla.

icm/host_name_full=ABAP application server (ex: sapcrm00) is VERY important. It has to be the Full Qualified domain name (FQDN). Some background: Note 654982 - URL requirements due to Internet standards

If you still see the same message, you cant even reach the system. -> Other problem.

Hope that helps

Regards

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federic,

I did changed the browser settings as guided, but still I can't view new UI. I am using IE 6.0, error message is

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Any suggestions???

Cheers,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please deal this one as well

icm/host_name_full

For testing purpose you can try to start the browser directly on one of the application servers. If it works you might have an issue with reverse proxy or firewall (DMZ) etc.

Regards

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

I am sorry, but can you give me some more details, like what do you want me to do with icm/host_name_full or how to start the browser in application server, reverse proxy or fire wall (DMZ) processes

Cheers,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just try the IE directly on the server.

If you do not feel comfortable with the FQDN topic I suggest to involve one of your base guys.

Did you use the documentation in RZ10 in this entry? There should be an example in there...

regards

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen, how are you

I want to know something from you stephen. From where i can find all R/3 <-> CRM Middleware settings with SAP Notes.

thanx in Advance

Take Care

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Just as an FYI -

Though there is no T-Code to Launch the CRM UI, but you can add the BSP application under your favorite folder.

Right Click Favorites --> Add other Objects --> BSP Application

Application Name = CRM_UI_Frame

Description = CRM Web UI

Start Page = default.htm

You can access the UI by double clicking the added node.

Regards

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

We would not be able to get the CRM Web Client UI running if it wasnt for your note (activation Steps)

Thanks

From SAP Africa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lindo,

Could you kindly let me know, what is the error message you are getting???

Cheers,

Peter J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried the below option and i get the UI screen but as i have changed the http to https, the UI which comes up doesnt work. Any suggestions if I need to do changes somewhere else also.

1). Goto BSP_WD_CMPWB transaction

2). Enter CRM_UI_FRAME in Componant field.

3). Click TEST button. Now you will get UI screen

Thanks,

Sagar