Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUNTIME ERROR : MESSAGE_TYPE_X in CAT4

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

in CAT4 for approving the time, only for one organization, user is getting the Runtime error Message type X. For other orgid's no error is coming.

When I want to replicate the problem, I am not getting any error for diff orgid's. user is getting teh error for only one orgid.

How we can remove this inconsistency.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhusudan.

Can you tell on which single post the message appears. This might be a little debugging work though.

When you have the object on which the hours are allocated on you might have a look at the user status of this WBS element or internal order. This user status might have an error in the allowance and disallowance of the 27 different business transactions.

It would be nice to have the Message Number to tell more though.

Best regards.

Jens Schmid

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shrikant/ Jens,

Thanks for the answering the thread..

Pls see below some of the info @ the short dump..

ShrtText

The current application triggered a termination with a short dump.

*What happened?

The current application program detected a situation which really should not occur. Therefore, a termination with a short dump was triggered on purpose by the key word MESSAGE (type X).

What can you do?

Print out the error message (using the "Print" function) and make a note of the actions and input that caused the error.

To resolve the problem, contact your SAP system administrator. You can use transaction ST22 (ABAP Dump Analysis) to view and administer termination messages, especially those beyond their normal deletion date.

How to correct the error

Probably the only way to eliminate the error is to correct the program.

You may able to find an interim solution to the problem in the SAP note system. If you have access to the note system yourself, use the following search criteria:

"MESSAGE_TYPE_X" C

"SAPLCATS" or "LCATSU12"

"CATS_TRANSFORM_FREE_RECORDS"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are on 4.7, SAP Note 637595 will help you.

Regards

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using ECC5.0 version.

It seems there is inconsistency in CATSDB table. I want to know how can I remove the inconsistency.

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could find only 1 note 197473 after searching again. But I still feel earlier note more relevant, did u go thru it.

Regards

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This rather looks like an inconsitency in CATS master data. I'd try to set a breakpoint at the message X030 and find out which personel number causes the dump, then redo the master data entry with traansaction PA40.

Internal Table I_CATSDBCOMM should hold the relevant data at the time the dump is thrown.

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

This org contains around 55 persons and I found that only for one person, this error is coming. if I run the CAT4 excluding this person, report is working fine and time is getting approved.

If i select this person only and run the report, i am getting this error. so this person has some problem. I also checked PA20 but not found any abnormal.

when I select this org and run the report, runtime error 'Message type X' occurs. Message is Internal error occurred, Message no: LR030.

Is there any way by which we can remove this inconsistency. I am facing 2/3 problems where for a single person in the organization, errors are coming.

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

Well, if you transformed your system to unicode lately it might be an error covered by OSS Note 637595 on 4.7 systems.

Else you best delete all personell actions in PA30 and OPPME and then reassign that personell number with PA40.

That unicode error happens especially when that person has been given another personell number before as it looks like.

Best regards.

Jens Schmid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Tcode: ST22, open the error message and let me know some more details, like there must be a paragraph of 'How to solve error'. Let me know parameters mentioned there.

Regards