cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to OLAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a multi-server installation: 1 SQL 2005 Database server and 1 BPC 5.1 App/Web server.

The installation completed without errors.

When attempting to process a dimension I get the following error:

Error connecting to OLAP: Cannot connect to the server 'servername.domain.com' The server is either not started or too busy. (K2Logic)

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Jean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192799
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jean,

are you using a default instance of OLAP or a named instance? This could possibly be a port issue. Make sure that you use static ports (which is the case by default for the default instance). If you used a named instance it defaults to dynamic ports, and that is usually a problem. In that case change the port to a static one, and specify it in server manager.

Regards,

Bruno Ranchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bruno,

I am using the default instance for the install. I attempted to change the port for AS but that caused a real problem. I couldn't connect to AS again. Had to re-install SQL.

Jean

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jeffrey_Holdema
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have moved this thread to the BPC MS forum. Notice the sticky [note|; at the top of the FPM - General (PCM, FC, Other) Forum whereby we announced new dedicated forums for BPC which are the proper place to post your questions regarding BPC in the future.

[Jeffrey Holdeman|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Jeffrey+Holdeman]

SAP BusinessObjects

Enterprise Performance Management

Regional Implementation Group

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Please check if you have installed

ADOMD.NET.msi

and

ADOMD.Net-KB893091-v8.00.0991-x86.EXE

Usually the second is not oinstalled and it is causing this issue.

Attention this should be installed into Application server only.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorin,

We have had the same problem as described. I have installed SQLServer2005_ASOLEDB9.msi (OLE DB Provider) and the problem was solved.

Regards,

Peter van Drunen - FPM Solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Your error seems to match the case I'm working on. To have a full description, please follow this link :

Sadly we still haven't identified what is wrong with our install. I'll keep you posted if we find anything.