cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation Not Required without calculation of actual cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using budget and availability control for the Projects,assigning budget to different WBS Elements.I have done the settings in availability control that the assigned funds should not exceed 100% of the budget.While doing the confirmation of activities,when the cost of the actual work hours entered are more than the budget,the system is not calculating the actual cost but saving the confirmation.I want the confirmation should not be saved if actual cost is not calculated.

Regards,

B P Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Please mentain the "++" in the transaction group of the Tolerence limit.

This will check the Availability control for all the activities.

2. Also is that activity showing any planned cost.

If not please check the Activity type assignment in the internal activity.

3. Also please check in Tcode OPTK that the secondary cost elements where the costs for the activities are booked are *NOT* maintained.

All the cost elements listed in OPTK are not considered for the AVAC.

4. Run Tcode. CJBN

Thanks!.

Reward points if found useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Let me clarify the issue a little more.

I have assigned one work center ,activity type(rate @ 10 per hour) and work hours = 10 hrs to an activity.The planned cost is coming to 100 INR.I am allocating the budget of INR 105 to the WBS Element.

Now while confirming the activity,if I enter the actual work = 11 hours, the actual work should be 110 INR.

But the system is giving an error that actual cost has not been calculated and saving the confirmation.

My requirement is that if actual cost is not getting calculated,the confirmation should not be saved.i.e. the system should not allow me to save the confirmation.

I hope it is clear.

Regards,

B P Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in control tab of network whether you have assigned costing variant for actuals,. This may be one of the reasons for actuals not being calculated. I dont think you can restrict confirmation, if actuals are not calculated.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I enter the actual work hours less than or equal to planned hours,actual costs are getting calculated. the problem is coming when the actual work hours are greater than the planned hours.

Regards,

B P Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could regenarate your scenario. Please find below detail of SAP error message, have a close look at what is written in system response.

No actual costs for network 903778 (check log)

Message no. RU087

Diagnosis

The actual costs could not be determined correctly due to incorrect or insufficient data.

System Response

The determination of actual costs is terminated.

However, the confirmation itself can be saved. Error records are written for a later determination of actual costs. Using these error records the determination of actual costs can be repeated once the original causes of the errors have been removed.

Procedure

You can find the exact cause of the termination of the determination of actual costs in the error log for actual cost determination.

You can switch the error log on and off using the variable parameters.

Now what could be done is during confirmation remove the degree of processing, remove ticks for final confirmation and completed. Put the work in confirm section at the bottom right side in screen. This will enable to enter appropriate (ie within budget) confirmations later on.

Reward points if useful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

You are completely right.

Can you please let me know how to find the error records and how to repeat the determination of actual cost once the budget has been supplement to the project.The error I got was because of insufficient budget.

However, the confirmation itself can be saved.* Error records are written for a later determination of actual costs. Using these error records the determination of actual costs can be repeated once the original causes of the errors have been removed

Regards,

B p Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion error is nothing but insufficiency of budget. Follow these steps:

1. Assign additional budget

2. Reconstruct availability control (CJBN)

3. Do the confirmation: try doing it if system gives warning. If at all confirmation is not allowed, you can reverse last confirmation which didnt generate actual cots. In addition to this henceforth you can ensure the steps (removing tick etc mentioned in earlier post) during confirmation.

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

You are completely right.Currently I am doing the same thing.

1.Supplement the budget

2.Cancel the confirmation

3.Reconfirm the activity.

My only concern is :

Is it possible that the confirmation should not be saved if the actual cost is not getting calculated.

I want this to avoid the steps:

<a> To cancel the confirmation.

<b> Reconfirm the activity.

What I think if the system does not save the confirmation, I can suplement the budget and then confirm the activity,instead of cancelling the confirmation first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I got the solution. Goto OPK4, select your entry, on tab General Individual Entry under error handling section tick two check boxes related to actual costs.

Reagrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for the help.I have already done the settings mentioned in your last mail in Network type confirmation parameters.If you uncheck the check boxes,you will not get the error log and system will save the confirmation.

I am closing this ticket.

Regards,

B P Singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OPUC under "Field selection: Network: Details" make WORK CENTER as required.

User must has to input the Work center after creating the activity. Once it is there after confirmation, actual cost is calculated.

Note: Activity type must be attached to Work center, so that system can calculate the cost.

Reward point if helpful.

Venkat