cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In MM02 appears error message MG144.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When changing Materials with MM02 appears error message MG144. "The field & is defined as a required field; it does not contain any entry" But the fields were already set before.

Has anyone a solution to this error? Is there any new note to implement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Refering to the problem, please check if the Accounting view is active in the OMS2. If it is active then goto check in the Dialog structure -> Material Types -> Quantity/Value updating and check if the value indicator is set with reference to your valuation area.

This is the basic prerequisite.

follow the steps as shown to check :

T code OMS2, select on a particular Material type for your material, we would get the following :

Double click on the selected material type to get the below screen and check if the Accounting tab is selected :

if already selected then click on the quantity/value updating icon on the left side to get check if the quantity and value field is updated in the valuation area as shown :

Then goto MM02 screen and goto the Price control field and press F1 to find out the technical name for the particular field as shown :

click on the spanner icon to get the technical name :

once checked. goto the MM02 screen layout from

SPRO -> IMG -> LOGISTICS GENERAL -> MATERIAL MASTER -> FIELD SELECTION -> ASSIGN FIELD SELECTION TO FIELD SELECTION GROUPS.

Select Field Name and enter the field name to get :

click on the Yellow and green icon to get the screen as shown :

check if it is a required entry.

once done with these, goto MM02 Accounting 1 tab and check the previous period/year

check if the details are properly maintained. I am sure it would work.

regards

Sagnik Chakravarty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the field you are getting in "&" of the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer. The field is Price Control. I checked in OMSR and it has a "required" mark for MM02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain entry in field "Price control" on Accounting tab of material. The possible entries are S or V ie standard price or moving average. Select appropriate as per your needs. Generally finished component/inhouse manufactured has S and ext procured component has V.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please populate the Same in the Accounting 1 View of the material master.

If you donot have the accounting view in the Screen selection.

In OMS2, selec the View for the material type.

& Now create the material selecting the accounting view.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks again for your info but we had already set "S" in the Price Control, that's what I said in my first question. We get the error but the field is already filled in with "S" since the creation of the material. I just read that MM02 and some other transactions like MC84 have the same problem, looking in "search" I got similar cases but the notes gotten to solve the problem are too old, they are for previous releases. We have 47.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks you too for your kind answer. But we have all the Price Control as "S" and the standard price defined in the material. This is a program error according to the notes I found here. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos

Hello I try of change the Material Description (Short Text) but show the same message “The Flag field is defined as mandatory, but contains no entry” is the first time it happens, it's only message is not error but not save the change.

Please can you help?

Regards

mauro_bianchi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Could you please first check the 'Price control' on the Acounting1-View AND press the Previous-Period-Button anc check the both 'Price control'-entries there, normally this kind of issue is caused by there is on entry in these places.

For additional information please review also note 49586.

Regards,

Mauro