cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This function is not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've come across a very strange issue, When one of my user tries to login into the SAP system (R3/CRM) from his local desktop. He gets the login screen and when he enters the username and password

It gives back a message as "This function is not possible". This user can login into SAP from another system in the same office.

The desktop has Windows XP, I've also deactivated the Windows Firewall. The PC has been formatted and still the error is shown

If anyone has come across this issue pls advice

Regards

Alfred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi

This error usually comes when, at the logon screen user tries to execute any transaction or at any other screen in SAP gui you enter any transaction with / instead of /n.

Try to figure out, what happens at the transaction box when user enters the password.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was some local desktop level problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfred,

I am also facing this problem. I tried to login with user name and password then, i press enter key in keyboard. The "This function is not possible" error came. Then, i tried with enter key (green button in sap). It worked.

Can you tell me, any other solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajagopal

Chennai - INDIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfred,

Could you give the details of the desktop problem? Having issues on this one as well...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having the same problem with SAPGui 7.20 patch 3.

User created shortcuts will open the logon screen and have "This function is not possible" with a red X. BUT ... if they just press ENTER it goes into the Easy Access screen anyway.

Bob H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Facing the same issue.....anyone uncover the 'desktop' issue?

In our situations, we have multiple sites and the problem is with all users at one site. They have workitem sapgui shortcut links that result in the 'function is not possible' message.

Oddly the problem started when the SAP ERP system was updated from Win2003/SQL2005 to Win2008/SQL2008 along with a new kernel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs, the issue has got resolved. It was some issue with the local PC.

Regards

Alfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can another user log into SAP from the problem computer?

If yes then there's a problem with the user account. Are you using Single Sign-On or some sort of user authentication?

If no then there's a problem with the system setup.

Try recreating the system in SAP Login and any shortcuts.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you say the GUI release and Patch level. Also check messages in SM21. Regards.