cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Mastersystem errors by BI Diagnostics & Support Desktop tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts, I ran the BI Diagnostics & Support Desktop tool for a routine check and it gave me a couple of errors concerning HTTP ports on the BI mastersystem. There are two error messages and solutions:

ERROR

Port '8000' of WAS Hostname (mycompany:8000) is not identical with HTTP Port '8100' of WebAS ABAP system. HTTP Port of Message Server (profile parameter ms/http_port) is retrieved from ABAP system. Port '8000' is properly HTTP Port of Application Server.

SOLUTION

It is recommended to use HTTP Port of Message Server. Check WAS Hostname of BI Mastersystem (Systemlandscape/SAP_BW)

ERROR

Port '8000' of ITS Hostname (mycompany:8000) is not identical with HTTP Port '8100' of WebAS ABAP system. HTTP Port of Message Server (profile parameter ms/http_port) is retrieved from ABAP system. Port '8000' is properly HTTP Port of Application Server.

SOLUTION

It is recommended to use HTTP Port of Message Server. Check ITS Hostname of BI Mastersystem (Systemlandscape/SAP_BW)

I have downloaded and installed the latest tool from note 936797, but nothing changed. I understand that if I changed both ports to 8100 on both the ABAP system and the BI Mastersystem, this will get fixed, but I will be losing important functionalities. Is there a way to get around this situation?

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Did you ever find an answer for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

No, I have not found a solution to this problem yet. It does not seem to be affecting us too much but I would rather have this solved before any problems coming from this misconfiguration show up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the exact same issue and the problem was a misconfigured portal system called SAP_BW.

You can edit portal systems by going to System Administration tab => +System Configuration and then navigating to the folder containing the systems for your landscape. In your case it says Systemlandscape/SAP_BW, so navigate to Portal Content => Systemlandscape

Edit the object SAP_BW and correct these settings:

ITS Host Name: <hostname>.<domain>:<port>

ITS Path: /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

Logical System Name:

Message Server: <hostname>.<domain>

Client

SAP System ID

Server Port

Web AS Host: <hostname>.<domain>:8100

Web AS Path: /sap/bw/BEx

Let me know if that helps.

-John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

By reconfiguring the parameters you mentioned the issue was solved. Both the ITS Host Name and Web AS Host both had 8000 as their port, so I changed them to 8100. I checked the other parameters, and they were properly configured.

Thank you very much for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John

You are a lifesaver. A clear, useful thread that sorted out our problems.

Many many thanks!

mariana_listiani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi John,

this works good. Thanks for your hint.

Cheers,

Mariana

Answers (0)