Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Delete step error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an Archiving Error in the Delete phase against Object DRM_SDDL. (This is a High-Tech Industry soluion - DRM)

I used Transaction SARA and tried to archive this Object.

First I executed the Write function which worked OK.

Then I executed the Delete function and selected the output from the

Write step. This created and executed a job. When viewing the Job Log the status is 'cancelled' and the log has error message. 'Following an error an operation was carried out on a handle'. When I double click on this message I get the further message...

-

Following an error, an operation was carried out on a handle

Message no. BA235

Diagnosis

An function module from the Archive Development Kit (ADK) was called

after an error had occurred in a previous call. Consequently, the

processing by ADK was terminated.

Procedure

If the current program is an SAP program, contact SAP with precise

details of the error. If the current program is a customer program, you

should adjust the program to avoid this error.

-

Has anyone experienced this type of error ?

Please advise on how to get past this.

There are a couple of OSS notes related to this message but they don't appear to have the solution.

I am using the standard configuration and valid Variants.

Thanks,

Steve

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Did you get the solution for this? I'm having the same problem & trying to fix it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are also facing same problem, same way the job found get canceled . did you find any solutions?

please share with us,

thanks,

Rasika

0 Kudos

We had the same error today and found out it was because we had generated too many archive files on the same day for the same object PM_QMEL.

The maximum number for the one object is 36 archive files (26 letters + 10 digits) , i.e. :

- RPM20101215a.PM_QMEL to RPM20101215z.PM_QMEL

and

- RPM201012150.PM_QMEL to RPM201012159.PM_QMEL

Edited by: Thomas Vancaeneghem on Dec 15, 2010 3:09 PM

andrea_olivieri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems a typical error with a OSS solution

I just found the following OSS note which it solves your issue:

[ Note 1178158 - SARA: Archival of Ship and Debit due list records|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1178158]

Hint: before implement a new archiving object, you should first apply all the oss notes related the object (High & Medium priority).

Regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

I happened to come across the same error log as steve mentioned while I am doing the production order Archival. Find the error log below,

I thought of implementing the Snote number 1178158 may help me out to resolve this issue but found later issue in the Assignment of physical paths to logical path and file name definition in the t.code:FILE

If someone come across  this error BA235 , Don’t go with the Snote immediately.

stian_windsland2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I know this is old. But to find more information, you can have a look at the Job Log of the background job used to run this.

In my case, this was because of missing authorizations to the file system on the server itself.