cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: Unexpected error determining relative path---- Error code:-21472173

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used Export option to create .war file for Crystal web Project with Export source code option ticked, and destination as tomcat/webapps folder. When I use the url; http://localhost:8181/VantageTestReport/CrystalReport1-viewer.jsp , Iget relative path error.

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: Unexpected error determining relative path---- Error code:-2147217395 Error code name:serverProgrammingError

re portruns properly in CR4E IDE with Run to Server option. I have reomved the reportlocation tag from CRConfig.xml file and moved the CrystalReport1.rpt file from tomcat/webapps/VantageTestReport folder to wEB-Inf/classes folder.

Any other setting required? Please help, its urgent as i am evaluating CR4E for integration with our product

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ivo_kotev
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

First thank you for your time and help !

Today finally I was able to resolve my problem. I think that somehow my project (Java Dynamic Web Project) was corrupted becouse I wasn't able to find the report on runtime in any way (I try to put it in .ear as well). Now I have created one new fresh Dynamic Web project and add Crystal Reports facets to it. Then I put my report file in "reports" folder under WebContent and I was able to find it on runtime. My CRConfig.xml is availiable under /WEB-INF/classes/ and it CONTAINS the following <reportlocation>../..</reportlocation> tag.

I found very useful and helpfull articles here :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.businessobjects.integrat...

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.businessobjects.integrat...

I still don't know what was the root couse for my problem. I hope that I never see this problem again

Regards,

Ivo

Edited by: Ivo Kotev on Sep 21, 2011 10:35 AM

ivo_kotev
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Bryan,

Unfortunately I face again the same problem when I try to open my report file :

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: Unexpected error determining relative path---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

It is really strange because if I perform restart of NW server I am able to open the report and display it. But after some time problem occurs again.

Do you have any ideas what could happen ?

Regards,

Ivo

former_member217070
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ivo,

I searched through our cases and the only thing I found was something about a reportlocation tag in CRConfig.xml. If you have that tag, reportlocation, in CRConfig.xml, you should remove it.

It doesn't really make sense that it should be anything in the CRConfig.xml file (like paths or anything) because just rebooting your server fixes it, but that's all I could find.

Bryan

former_member217070
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ivo,

I also found this thread which discusses it. It also says to remove the reportlocation tag.

[Crystal Reports TagLib -Help Needed|;

Regards,

Bryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I faced a similar problem very recently. I was able to resolve it by experimenting and putting a copy of my .rpt file in every possible location. Finally succeeded when my .rpt file was directly under .ear directory. Putting it in WEB-INF/classes folder did not help, although the documentation advises such.

In the code, I refer to the .rpt file directly by it's name, no slashes or file paths. And you've already removed the reportLocation tag, so that's good. Hope this helps.

former_member217070
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It looks like you're calling the viewer directly. I haven't used the export feature of Eclipse, but did it create an index.html file for you? Try just going to http://localhost:8181/VantageTestReport The viewer usually needs to have some stuff set up for it before it's called.

Regards,

Bryan

ivo_kotev
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Bryan,

Actually my scenario is a little bit diferent but I face the same exception when I try to open the report.

BTW I just restart our Net Weaver server and PC where server resides and strangely the problem disappear.

I will contact you if I face the problem again.

Regards,

Ivo

ivo_kotev
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello I also face this problem and I still don't know how to fix it. Does anybody found a solution ?