cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data selection in infopackage to exclude 3 values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to exclude 3 values for ZCOUNTRY field in the data selection of an infopackage. I don't want to do this using start routine(in transfer structure or update rules). I just need to do the coding in infopackage level. Can anybody plz tell me the ABAP coding for this in detail?

Thanks,

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Try using the Data selection tab of info package and specifey the values of ZCOUNTRY which u want.

in order that ZCOUNTRY is available in that tab u have to check th check box in use extract structure at r/3 side.

U have the checkbox called available for data selectuion or something like that in ur extract structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

just to make a remark. Including all the values in the infopackage selections is not a good solution. First of all there might be too many. Secondly, each time in the future a new country appears you will have to maintain manually the selections in the infopackage for adding the new country. Otherwise, you will loose valuable information.

Best regards

Theodoros

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not an issue that can't be solved:

in the ABAP routine you can read the master data table and include all values except the ones you don't need into an internal table.

Then start the code to update the e_t_data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

correct, but once you have defined an ABAP routine in your IPack for the country (select type 6 "ABAP" in the IPack selection of the country) why not to exclude the countries directly?

I've never had this req but the hereunder should work (it should exclude countries US and CA from the selection)

data: wa_range LIKE rssdlrange.

READ TABLE l_t_range with key fieldname = 'COUNTRY'.

MOVE l_t_range-iobjnm TO wa_range-iobjnm.
MOVE l_t_range-fieldname TO wa_range-fieldname .

MOVE 'E' TO wa_range-sign.
MOVE 'EQ'    TO wa_range-option.
MOVE 'US' TO wa_range-low.
CLEAR l_t_range-high.

APPEND wa_range TO l_t_range.

MOVE 'CA' TO wa_range-low.
APPEND wa_range TO l_t_range.

p_subrc = 0.

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

normally there is no option of excluding values given in an infopackage. So you can only go with including all values you want or you need to create a start routine to delete the not wanted records.

Siggi