Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material XXX is not defined for sales org.XXX, distr.chan.XX, language ZH

former_member617185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all:

When i create the inquiry order , the material is wrong. the message is as the subject. how to set ?please give me some advice

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Define Common Distribution Channels: OVR1

Define Common Divisions: OVR2

Assign sales organization u2013 distribution channel u2013 plant: OVX6

Check the language in sales document n material

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member617185
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks first.

now i create a new material with views

a) Sales: Sales Org. Data 1

b) Sales: Sales Org. Data 2

c) Sales: General/Plant Data

i also maintained the Language in Additional data . i only can create in system language ZH and in system language EN is the same error message as subject. why ?

another question : how to find the inquiry order naming range ?

Edited by: qq l on Jun 12, 2008 9:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Answer to your second question .

1 ) In VOV8 select your document type and click on the magnifying Lens . You will find the Internal and external Number range variable assigment there .

2 ) In VN01 you can check the Number range Interval and the current status of this respective number range variable.

Regarind your first question .

In which language did you login while creating the material ?

Best regards ,

Saravana.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is bcoz you have not created / maintained the material code in the sales area in which you are creating the order.

Go to MM01, give the material code and select the following views

a) Sales: Sales Org. Data 1

b) Sales: Sales Org. Data 2

c) Sales: General/Plant Data

so that the system will ask you to input plant, sales organization and distribution channel. Give those details and execute. Once you give all the mandatory fields, save the material code and now retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi qq,

Please check the material number is correct or wrong which you entered in the sales documents.

Go to MM02 transaction enter that material then select the views then enter the organisational data for which sales area your are creating sales dpcoments.

Based on thia you can know whether the material vailable to that sale area or not.

In the MM02 transaction go to Additional data then Click on Discription here you see the Language maintaining to that material if not maintained EN then maintain the EN for that material.

If not available in that sales area you can extend that material through MM01 transaction.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.