cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate in Electronic Bank Statement (FF_5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen that in Electronic Bank Statement (FF_5) the exchange rate when posting to an account in foreing currency, is derived from the 'posting date'.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to set that exchange rate is derived from 'document date' instead of 'posting date'

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't seen a separate setting for specifying the date to be considered for currency conversion during FF_5. Check OB22 - TrsDte typ field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

your answer has been useful, anyway, forgetting EBS, do you know how to set Translation date from Document Date?

My company code hasnu2019t got neither 2nd local currency nor 3rd local currency.

As usual, when posting transactions in foreign currency, translation date is derived from posting date. I would like to know if is possible to set that translation date would be derived from document date. As I said before, because of the company code only has one currency defined, is not possible to change it in OB22.

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The translation date type for the first local currency is set as 'translation date' by default. This cannot be changed. By this, when you enter documents using, lets say, transaction code FB01, you see a field 'translation date' in the header in which, you can specify a date you want system to pick up exchange rate for. If you do not specify a date, system takes entry date as the basis for determining exchange rate from the exchange rate table.

I know the above answer opens up your original question again - translation date while importing EBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may like to check the possibilities of the same using EXIT_RFEBBU10_001 as user exit.

regards

Sridevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that the only way to do this automatically is developing a substitution that copies the Document Date into the Translation Date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not do it with a substitution exit...

any ideas?

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a new topic with better desciption at