cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove a User Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the User Administration regarding the user roles when we select a user and search for his roles we can see his defined roles. We can edit some roles of the user but we cannot edit somre roles for example to remove a role. I can remove one role but i cannot remove another role. Can anyone tell me the reason why is this case and what is the solution.

thanks

murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign one role to one user in two ways:

Direct asignment: You asign one role directly to one user.

Indirect asignment: You add a user to one group which is asigned to one or more roles.

Then, you can delete only roles in the first group. If you have a role because you have been added to one group you must delete user-group asignment to delete role asingment.

Hope to be understable.

Consider rewarding points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry can you be clear with the last sentence. I'm confused with that sentence.

thanks

murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last sentence? About rewarding points?

You can assign points to users contributions. If user post is useful or solves your problem you can assign points to him.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Last Sentence I mean to say that you said 'you can delete only roles in the first group. If you have a role because you have been added to one group you must delete user-group asignment to delete role assignment'.

Can you please be more clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean you have roles assigned directly to users (which have checkbox enabled so you can delete them) and roles assigned to groups where users were added (so checkbox are disabled and you cannot delete them).

If you want to delete these roles you have to delete the user from the group.

Sorry for my english

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer was so neat and clear, I dont know why the question is still "unanswered" but Damian, you certainly resolved my issue. You rock. I wish I could award points to you.