cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL error 1653

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever I attempt to run any transactions on a R3 4.6c installation with oracle I run into this error:

A: SQL error 1653 occured when accessing program SAP

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but I read somewhere that it has something to do with tablespace sizes, I didn't much luck fixing it on my own though. Any ideas? thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

ORA-1653 just means 'unable to extend table <tab> in tablespace <tsp>'.

Yes indeed you have to extend the tablespace (usually by adding a datafile) either by your own (if you have the access, the authority and the know how) or by your SAP Basis Admin or Database admin or ...

Regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to do this? I saw the following command:

SQL>ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE '<file>' AUTOEXTEND ON

NEXT <size>

MAXSIZE <size>;

But what should I put in the '<file>' part. I don't know what directory to put the file in, and what the extension should be. This is a Windows server by the way. Thanks again for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look on init<sid>.ora file for details which will be in oracle_home/database .

Command u can try like

alter database datafile '<<file_name>>' autoextend on next 1m maxsize 2000m;

change all file sizes acc to requirements

Hope this helps

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for file details ref alertlogfile

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I think Vinod is talking about the alert file (/oracle/<SID>/saptrace/background/alert_<SID>.log)

2. I'd recommend to use sapdba resp. brtools instead of sqlplus

regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree....use sapdba. It's far easier and foolproof than sqlplus, especially if you're unfamiliar with Oracle. That's why SAP created the tool.

Open a cmd prompt and type sapdba.

In your case you can resize (increase) an existing datafile or add a new one. Up to you.

Answers (0)