Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error generating test frame in FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not able to run the FM SAP_CONVERT_TO_XLS_FORMAT. i got message like

error generating the test frame. Anyone pls advise me if i am wrong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

As per SAP,

Generally, this error is caused by the complex typing of the parameter of the function module.

The test environment of the function builder cannot represent these parameters in the input template (for example generic types, xtrings, strings, object references).

My suggestion is to use where used list for the function module, and check how it has been called in other programs and implement directly in the program , then it will work and give u result.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

regards,

Naveen Veshala

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

As per SAP,

Generally, this error is caused by the complex typing of the parameter of the function module.

The test environment of the function builder cannot represent these parameters in the input template (for example generic types, xtrings, strings, object references).

My suggestion is to use where used list for the function module, and check how it has been called in other programs and implement directly in the program , then it will work and give u result.

regards,

Naveen Veshala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Have you able to resovle this issue? Can you let us know how you fixed the "Error generating the test frame" for function module SAP_CONVERT_TO_XLS_FORMAT ?

THanks,

Jingying

0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i am trying to execute the Function module: CONVERSION_EXIT_KONPD_OUTPUT got the error: Error generating the test frame. Earlier it was working fine.

Can Some body help me it is because of recents ly updated patches or anything else.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the similar error 'Error generating the test frame' while executing the Function module "RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ". Can someone suggest what could be done in this case?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Rohit

0 Kudos

Naveen Veshala wrote:

As per SAP,