cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost center assinment to business area very urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

i am doing business area wise balance sheet and profit and loss account assign ment for company code (which is already having existing data ) for this co code

so for company code is not using busineess ares now they are going to introduse new business areas.

when i new business area in cost center it is throwing this error

Field change Business area is not possible (transaction data already exists)

Message no. KS 134

Diagnosis

To ensure the consistency of existing data, you can only change object Business area if no transaction data exists in the change period; that is, neither plan data nor actual data has been posted.

As transaction data already exists, it is not possible to change objects in this time period.

Procedure

If you still want to change the object, select a suitable change interval by choosing "Edit -> Analysis period...".

arroding to procedure if i go to Edit /Analysis period the error is

field change business area is not possible (transaction data already exists )

please guide me

regards

sadiq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

solustion for this error is like. wats ur validity period of cost center:

Ex:01.01.2008 to 31.12.9999 if ur givn like this .

go for KS02 give cost center . menu bar select ur EDIT button in that u choose analysis period.

next u will get new pop box ther u select other analysis period. click on that

in valid from and to tab the present open year close it like :01.01.2009 to 31.12.9999 and u can give ur business area for this analysis period. save it .

its a new analysis period.

itryed on my system its worke d fine.

existing data u may transfer cost center to cost center other options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it probably worked fine because there was no transaction data. That is why KS134 is issued.

Former Member
0 Kudos

plese i am getting error when went to assign business area according to you suggetion the error is

Entry 2020 does not exist - check your entry

Message no. 00 058

Diagnosis

Input values must be defined in Table TGSB. The value or values '2020 ' are not specified in this table.

Procedure

Check whether the input is correct and correct if necessary.

Procedure for System Administration

If this is not an incorrect entry, check the system settings and change them if necessary.

If there is a connection to the Customizing system, you can maintain the system settings by choosing Maintain entries (F5)

regards

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

kaindly first creat business area .TGSB is belongs to business are table.

as of 2020 is ur business area wher ur trying to add if correct first to creat it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi karl

its working fine itryed this .if not plz suggest me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

I just meant that the BA can only be changed for fiscal years (or periods when using RKACOR06) without transaction data. So I was wondering if you had, while testing, first posted to the cost center in the relevant year before changing the BA. In that case a change without KS134 should not have been possible.

Regards

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi karl,

u are corrct about the KS 134 and RKACOR06 pogramm. i am not talking about this situation .

hear the author posted the docu ment thread wher till now ther company is not using business areas . now they created new business area (eventhough till now they are not created thats why TGSB error is coming). for that only i said we can creat new anlysis period with assiging of business area in cost cenetr master screen .only for new analysis period only

not for existing transaction data posted period.

i think my communication may confused u . sorry for that.

any how

thank you very much for ur input.

kaindly inform the author in this way for new analysis period with business area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please review SAP note 62716 on this issue.

Regards

Karl