Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBS - Error F5 263

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing bank reconciliation with FF_5, MT940 format.

All other items are posted (cleared) except 1. This one is cash withdrawal from bank.

I get following error message:

u201CError: (F5 263) the difference is too large for clearingu201D

I have checked amount, date, everything is correct.

How can i solve this error?

regards,

Pritam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am having same kind of problem, when we try to clear open invoices through FF_5 it gives me an error that the difference is too large to clear but when you manually clear the invoice no error at this point. If you solved your issue please guide me how did you solved it.

Thanks

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing similar issue where when I use Alagoritm 015 (Clearing of open invoices) using Assignment field as Crteria, even when the number populated per invoice is unique in Assigment field and same in Record 86 of MT940 file, the importation gives error F5 260 diff too large for clearing.

Is there any addtional search criteria that is expected?

Please advice

Thanks

Asit

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Bank reconciliation is really a big problem for me now.

Last 3 months bank recon, i am getting same problem.

Cash withdrawal entreis from FBCJ and rent paid to vendor entries are not getting reconcilied in FF_5.

System is showing error message as: " Error: (F5 263) The difference is too large for clearing"

There is no problem with amount, everthing is fine. I have to do reconcilaition for thses entries manually.

Please help me, what can be a problem.

Regards,

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pritam, In case of withdrawal from Bank to Cash Journal and in case of Rent payment to Vendor:

1. Please check if the open item against which FF_5 is trying to clear, has the same reference number that is there in the bank statement. Typically this mismatch is the reason for this message (difference too large to clear) . Check what reference number is being used to match a line in the EBS with the open items for clearing.

You can consider using the Search String definition if required for the problem document types.

2. While clearing the problem documents manually, the message you obtained regarding tolerance limits tells you that you have configured an upper limit for document posting amount and your posting goes beyond that limit. This setting can be seen under Financial Accounting Global Settings - document - tolerance groups.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sangeeta

PS: I know how bank recons can get on your nerve Don't worry, it will get better!

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

Thanks for reply.

I have checked everything....at least 10 times.

Amount, reference number everything is correct.

I also tried to do manual recon with transaction FFBA. but it is showing nothing when i execute.

Regards,

Pritam

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me!

In Bank reconciliation (FF_5) i get error for all cash withdrawal transactions (from FBCJ) and for rent payment transactions. I do not understand what can be a problem.

Can anyone help me please urgent?

Regards,

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your amounts to be cleared are not with in the tolerance limits you have configured. So is the reason for the problem. I suggest you to clear manually using FEBA.

After you enter your Bank statement, you press 'Save' button, this wud take you to manual clearing.

Here you manually set off the items.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes now i did recon for may manually but i did not understand following:

"Your amounts to be cleared are not with in the tolerance limits you have configured." Kindly explain.

Points awarded.

Regards,

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There must have been a difference in the amounts for this transaction in the Excel sheet and the SAP data...

That seems to be the problem..

Cheers

Raghu