cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Tax codes FTXP from Dev to Quality Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have transported tax codes for one country (Canada) through FTXP but I do not find the percentages for tax codes in Quality client. Also, I am not able to maintain percentages in Quality Client (as the client has status not modifiable'). Can someone tell me how can I maintain percentages for these Tax codes.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

In the source system - execute T Code FTXP, enter country and in the following screen, choose Tax code -> Transport -> Export. You will see a system information box - click on the question mark and you will see the detailed help. You will have to follow that procedure to get the percentages and GL accounts in the target system.

Nothing wrong in what you have done, this is normal for tax codes. They require the manual postprocessing explained in the procedure above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. Can you tell me exactly what post processing can be done as I have already imported tax codes in target client. According to the message F4794, I need to create tax codes in target system before doing import. But I can not create same tax code again as it already exists (though its another issue that target client is not modifiable).

Please advise on the same.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute FTXP in source system, enter country and from the menu, choose Tax Code -> Transport -> Export. Enter a transport request no. and then select the tax codes you want in the target system and click on Save button.

In target system, FTXP, enter country, menu -> tax code -> transport -> import. Enter the transport request no. (in which you pushed the tax codes in source system), country and execute. You will see the percentages.

Now, if your tax codes have transaction keys (VST, MWS) which are already assigned to GL account (in T Code OB40) in the target system, you will have the account determination to your new tax codes in the target system. If not, you will need to open the QA system (SCC4 - take your Basis team's help) and do OB40 manually. Alternatively, you can go to OB40 in Dev, double-click on the transaction key and in the next screen, choose from the menu Posting procedure -> Transport -> Entries in TR. Move this transport to QA.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishna_ailanani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Narayan,

We can not transport the master data, when you transport only stracture get copied, in this you need to open the client in and update the tax rates same.

If you do not have authorisations, you need to contact your security people and obtain the authorisations.

Noramlly this type of master data will be created by the client it self in DEV, QUALITY and PRODUCTION SYSTEM.

Regards

Rama Krishna.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pls look into SAP Note 52852. You need follow the procedure to transport tax codes, rate, % & others to other systems.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

assign points if useful.