Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem testing a Proxy / Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everybody.

I created a proxy / web service for an interface defined in the xi repository. i can test this service in the Enteprise Service Browser in SE80 (F8) sending a soap request and and everything works fine.

now my intention is to call this web service from outside. I defined an endpoint using transaction SOAMANAGER and used the wsdl document for that binding (from the given link) to send a soap request using the testing tool soapUI.

if I do not define username and password i receive: Logon Error Message. but giving the information I also receive a error:

<soap-env:Fault>
  <faultcode>soap-env:Server</faultcode>
    <faultstring xml:lang="en">SRT: Authorization denied</faultstring>
       <detail>
          <ns:SystemFault xmlns:ns="http://www.sap.com/webas/710/ 
soap/runtime/abap/fault/system/">
               <Host>Provider</Host>
               <Component>SECURITY</Component>
               <ChainedException>
                  <Exception_Name>CX_SOAP_CORE</Exception_Name>
                  <Exception_Text>SRT: Authorization denied</Exception_Text>
               </ChainedException>
            </ns:SystemFault>
     </detail>
</soap-env:Fault>

for the service and point I have activated http authentification and checked the box user-id/password (authentification method is sapsp:HTTPBasic)

by the way I did not configure a J2EE host and port in the system settings of SOAMANAGER. is this a must? where and why do I need this for?

thanks for any help!

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everybody.

when calling the web service/abap proxy with an user having SAP_ALL everything works.

for me this seems curious because before we gave me all the user roles mentioned in sap help and the tutorials:

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN_BIZ

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN_TEC

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONSUMER

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_DEBUGGER

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_OBSERVER

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_SERVICE_USE

which role is missing which is necessary for using web services via soap? does anybody know?

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need s_service and s_object authorization objects in your role.

its explained in this document

section 3.1 on page 7

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/92d80512-0a01-0010-32a3-cd3...

Regards

Raja

amudhans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Even though this is an old query, I thought of posting my reply.

Interestingly i had the exact same problem(SRT: Authorization denied)when invoking a web-service using soapUI. The authorization profile 'SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONSUMER' fixed it for me.

amudhans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Even though this is an old query, I thought of posting my reply.

Interestingly i had the exact same problem(SRT: Authorization denied)when invoking a web-service using soapUI. The authorization profile 'SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONSUMER' fixed it for me.