cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0FI_AA_12 simulated depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to extract a depreciation forecast/simulation from ECC for IP purposes. Using 0FI_AA_12 as intended to read table ANLP on the ECC side.

We have created a 'Depreciation Planning version D99' and thats what is used in the simulation run job selection below.

When we run a depreciation simulation with this menu path in ECC

Accounting > Fixed Assets > Information System > Reports on Asset Accounting > Depreciation Forecast > Depreciation on Capitalized Assets (Depreciation Simulation)(S_ALR_87012936)

and then take a quick look at a test extraction in rsa6 for 0FI_AA_12 we only see records up to the end of the current fiscal year, even though the report we've run shows us periods out as far as 2011.

We want to be able to extract all periods from the current fiscal year to the ending fiscal period of our simulation run.

My feeling on this is that the report (S_ALR_87012936), is just that, and calculates the results on the fly without posting anything to ANLP. What might be a better step here to really post to ANLP. ?

I've searched this forum and all the others related to BI for items related to this extractor and depreciaton simulation runs in particular. I've even searched other forums (CO etc) in hopes of picking up a clue as to what might be missing. I did locate some relevant OSS notes on the topic but our patch level is high enough that the early notes I did locate (~2005) have all been taken into account.

Points will be awarded.

Thanks

Edited by: Brent Mawhinney on Jul 14, 2008 10:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brent - you are not alone in wanting this - as far as I am concerned this is a gap in the current extractor (ie it either performs one of three items for the current fiscal year only: no simulation, a faux pretend simulation 'cos it's easy and a proper R3 simulation)

The problem with this is - in retail asset volumes extraction of the correct simulated records even for this year would cause the extractor to run for ever

If, as you said - and as per the last time I looked, the extractor still doesn't do it..

I would write a bespoke generic extractor which woudl dump the function module contained in the SAP simulated depreciation report, run the simulation and extract from that into bespoke cubes

My current reply to users wanting this and not wanting to pay for it is - CIMA students with excel are cheap! You have the end date against the asset - you can find the depreciation rate by 1/useful life *100 ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

We have the same requirement, we need to load current year and current year + 1 actual/simulated period depreciations into SAPBI for reporting, We checked, even today this extractor provides only current year monthly depreciation. Did you find any alternative solution for this requirement? I saw your comment, can you please elaborate following your comment

"I would write a bespoke generic extractor which would dump the function module contained in the SAP

Simulated depreciation report, run the simulation and extract from that into bespoke cubes"

Raman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our requirement is to implement standard R/3 asset accounting reports (like Asset depreciation report S_ALR_87012004) in BW.

In this report we have a field for planned depreciation.

Planned depreciation is calculated in the sap R/3 report based on different conditions and scenarios. When planned depreciation is simulated (ie. When depreciation simulation run is done) in R/3, the planned values are calculated and it is available in BW extractor. When the depreciation simulation is not run, the planned values are not available in BW extractor. Our client is posting and planning depreciation only for depreciation area 01 and not posting any values for other depreciation area like 11, 15, 30,35, 90. So we do not have planned values for depreciation areas 11, 15, 30,35, 90. Standard sap report S_ALR_87012004 is calculating planned depreciation for all the depreciation area even though there are no posting/planning.

We are currently using 0fi_aa_11 and 0FI_AA_12 for reporting. We could see enhancement package 4( extractor 0FI_AA_20) is covering all the R/3 report in BW. Hence we believe planned depreciation calculation for which depreciation is not simulated in R/3 will also be handled in BW either in the data source or start routine or update routine or atleast in the query level.

Please help us in solving this issue.

Regards.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Some days ago I was also asked to develop depreciation forecast extractor for BI. It should extarct exactly same data like in standard transaction S_ALR_87012936. After reading SDN forums I understood there were no standard solutions. Therefore I did it usual way: developed extractor based on function module.

This function module calls standard report (RASIMU02 or transaction S_ALR_87012936) eating and parsing its output. It is called several times for each company code/period/depreciation area.

Then this adjusted output is returned to extractor. That way depreciation forecast is sent to BW

Unfortunately delta is not possible for this kind of solution.

BR

Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maxim,

I have exactly the same requirement and was wondering if you could give me more details on how you resolved this issue.

How do you call the report with a function module and how do you get the output in your generic extractor?

Many thanks beforehand,

Wim Hackars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wim Hackars,

Have you resolve your issue.

I also have same requirement to create BW report on S_ALR_87012936.

Thanks,

Vin

flavio_amoedo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

Is it possible to you, kindly share or publish your code? It would save, for many people, including me, a lot of time.

Thanks,

Flavio

former_member214693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is still not solved by SAP standard solution? Anyone have anything to share regarding the coding issue?

Thanks!

Sofie

former_member214693
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ravindra_tumuluri
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, this is still an outstanding issue with 0FI_AA_12 datasource. With this datasource, we can simulate the depreciation only for current fiscal open periods.

My requirement is to provide the depreciation simulation for current year +1 also.

Any suggestions. 

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sesha,

you could use extractor 0FI_AA_20 to get the depreciation simulations for current year +1.

Implement a CompositeProvider / MultiProvider on top to union the FI-AA data sourced by the other data sources (0FI_AA_11/12).

Two thinks to keep in mind:

- 0FI_AA_20 only supports FULL extraction - therefore use this extractor only for the data you are missing. Fiscal period selection is essential...

- The structure of 0FI_AA_20 is slightly different compared to the other FI-AA data sources. Transformation logic is required to get the datasets together.

All the best,

Andreas

former_member214693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

just a note. 0FI_AA_20 does not incude wbs/psp and for me that was a critical demand. I ended up creating a customized extractor which reads the output data from the standard SAP-report (S_ALR_87012936), transforming it to plain text and then output according to a defined structure. NOT a very flexible solution and not at all what I intended to do, but at least they have their depreciation simulation in BW now 🙂

/Sofie

ravindra_tumuluri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sofie. I know,it is not good to ask..

But how to read the output of S_ALR_87012936 in BW extractor ?